This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A pox upon George Galloway

Well, I know the title isn't interesting, but I couldn't have it as "**** George Galloway".

I saw C-SPAN's coverage of the Oil-for-Food program Senate Hearings today, and he was the one on the stand.

He did nothing but evade questions and, whenever he couldn't convincingly evade, blamed the United States for whatever the problem (even while his own country backed most of the Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.)

My problem with this man is that, while he officially opposed the War in Iraq and the Oil-for-Food program, he had no problem with oil companies illegally making money off of both, specifically when it came to "kick-backs" that oil companies received dealing with the Iraqi Government pre-war. He went as far as to say that he doesn't care where money that is donated to campaigns, etc comes from as long as it goes to "a good cause." In the US, this would hardly stand (at least once it became public.)

I applaud Senator Levin calling him on his antipathy to this, and his only defense against talking about illegality during the Oil-for-Food program was that the US engaged in an "illegal" war.

In my opinion, he is not liberal. He is only liberal when it suits those with whom he is connected. He opposes abortion and Scottish independence, and while on paper he supports Gay Marraige, he has supported the USSR as well as Castro in Cuba, regimes where homosexuals were/are persecuted. Also, he has cheated on his wife, a charge for which Presidents in this country have been impeached.

Also, he has been accused by other members of parliament of "[having] ... made a career of being not just an apologist, but a mouthpiece, for the Iraqi regime over many years". He has described Tariq Aziz, the man who claimed that invading Kuwait was to protect Iraq's oil business as "a dear, dear friend."

He also may have PERSONALLY profited from the Oil-for-Food program that he SO vehemently opposed.

In my opinion, his opposition to the war comes partially from a want to continue making money off of this program.

I believe that George Galloway not only has no place holding public office, but should be brought to trial for his indescretions.

Discuss
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

The only thing they had close to him was an associate of his. And they couldn't even prove that.

The pwnage of the US Senate was unbelievable.

But you are discussing old news. There is already a thread on this.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

This'll be a howler.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
        The only thing they had close to him was an associate of his. And they couldn't even prove that.

By "pwnage" I assume you mean his complete lack of answering fully any questions posed of him, and, in fact, challenging a Senator who opposed the war that he supported it, only changing to "the US senate" when he discovered the lack of facts.
        "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
        ^ The Poly equivalent of:
        "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

He'll always be Saddam's Little Helper. He should switch to underwear modelling like the man he adores so much.

Comment

The only person that agrees with you is notyoueither. And Fox News.
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
              He'll always be Saddam's Little Helper. He should switch to underwear modelling like the man he adores so much.

ew, gross
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

There's a 5 page thread on it here:

Comment

A mere five pages!?!?

That's SHORT for such a thread topic.

Comment

Here you go Mister Fun:

Comment

Comment

I think those guys are too skinny and girly for you though.

You seem to like the lumberjack dudes.

Comment

You're such a Quisling. You'd cheer for Stalin if this were 1956.

Levin did well, and Galloway had nothing substantive to say back to him other than YOU (capitalised to make a point that he was a member of the Senate that passed approval for war, nevermind that Westminster did the SAME DAMN THING so he might as well have been pointing at himself) are guilty of some crime of belonging, but my **** don't stink, no siree. Now, did you have a question?
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

More confirmation on Galloway's excellent performance.

Comment

You seem to like the lumberjack dudes.

Comment

Working...
                              X