This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lord of the mark

I remain proud of our soldiers in general, and of the way they have conducted themselves under VERY difficult conditions, conditions that our enemies do their best to make worse.
    To be fair, that IS the purpose of an enemy........

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I am ashamed of what SOME American soldiers have done.

I think all of those American soldiers against whom there is sufficient evidence of the commision of crimes under the UCMJ should be charged and tried under the UCMJ.

I remain proud of our soldiers in general, and of the way they have conducted themselves under VERY difficult conditions,
      Then on that we have no disagreement.
      Golfing since 67

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

To be fair, that IS the purpose of an enemy........

ACK!
        among other things, it would appear that our enemy attempts to provoke atrocities against civilians. At this time in Baghdad, our enemy is targeting Shiite civilians, including yesterday an aid to Grand Ayatollah Sistani, for the PURPOSE of provoking a Shiite pogrom against the Sunnis, in order to unite the Sunnis behind the insurgents. One Al Qaeeda training manual, IIUC, SUGGEST that while imprisoned AQ members should accuse their guards of atrocities, which has certainly helped to create confusion when genuine abuses have occured. All in all our enemies have made gone way beyond the laws of war, or any notion of morality, western, Islamic, or otherwise, in making the situation more difficult.
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

lotm
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Its tough work, but somebody's gotta do it.

Comment

Yes the US has established rule of law. And the US, after being attacked on our own soil, 3000 people murdered, has fought a military campaigns that probably went further than any in history to avoid death and destruction to civilians, in which our troops go out of their way to respect civilians rights when hunting for killers and their weapons, and in which our soldiers have for the most part behaved with honor. A few bad apples do not change the big picture.

And you forgot "invaded a whole country for reasons that had nothing to do with 911" and "****ed up the international diplomatic system", "violated the Geneva Convention" and "pissed off most of the planet".

The difference with the bad apples in the US is that they are running the show.

You're a poor, amateurish hack LOTM.
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Asher, what you forget is that Tingkai isn't Chinese, he's Canadian.
                B♭3

Comment

No, Canadians are apathetic to politics.

Neither he, nor Agathon, are Canadian.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

The Chinese legal process is getting better, China is making progress, etc.

In other words you are discussing the BIG PICTURE, rather than accepting that one or a few of the worst incidents charecterize the entire legal system.

Yes the US has established rule of law. And the US, after being attacked on our own soil, 3000 people murdered, has fought a military campaigns that probably went further than any in history to avoid death and destruction to civilians, in which our troops go out of their way to respect civilians rights when hunting for killers and their weapons, and in which our soldiers have for the most part behaved with honor. A few bad apples do not change the big picture.
                    Hey! Speakin' of human rights, anyone seen the pics of Saddam Hussein in his undies? After that stupid Koran flushing fiasco this one's bound to start a spark east of Istanbul again.
                    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

/me adds Tingkai to conspiracy nut list, under tripledoc and tecumseh

Comment

Working...
                      X