Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only literally speaking
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Well, I also always assume that living in Alaska is like Northern Exposure.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Get out of dishwashing ASAP

Its a, um, transitional job. Its the first job Ive gotten so far, if something better comes along I'll take it. Unless I really love it, my mom says they feed the staff, or they did where she used work, and I love food.

Nobody likes dishwashing, you don't even get hazardous payment or something like that I think he's going to college though and this is just an interim thang.

Yeup. I R College bound!

Looks like a cool place to live.

It's cool for the first year or two. Once you've seen everything, done everything, and realised that the only thing left to do is set your life in a downward spiral of self destruction, it's pretty lame.

Comment

In the Lord of the Rings there's these ghosties called "Barrow Wights". However, the term "barrow" does not refer to a Canadian town there- they would perhaps have been much scarier if they had come from Barrow...

Comment

In the Lord of the Rings there's these ghosties called "Barrow Wights". However, the term "barrow" does not refer to a Canadian town there- they would perhaps have been much scarier if they had come from Barrow...

!!!!ALASKA!!!!

There is a Barrow somewhere in England.

edit: or maybe its just a common word there?

Comment

Yep a 'Barrow' is the word for an ancient buriel mound, and there are thousands all over the country.
              I wonder if the founder of your 'Barrow' had a sense of humour?
              'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

There is also a town called Barrow in England. It's a dead-end dump, but not on the scale that Barrow, Alaska is.
                Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Out of curiousity, I went to realtor.com and did a search for a home in Barrow, Alaska. Only 2 hits and both were for land, not homes.

Several thousand people live there, but you don't get the impression of an established community -- more of a industrial town. Clearly Space is happy to be the SW of the lower 48!
                  Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Clearly Space is happy

YEUP!

Today started off great! I went to work with my mom, to volunteer, was supposed to do filing that needed to get done. Instead I got stolen by my mom's boss and ended up putting a coat of primer in the lobby, tomorrow (if I have time) Im going to paint it.

Unfortunatly I learned today that the receptionist I like works from 3pm to I dunno when. Coincedently thats when my training for dish washing begins.

But I got out of the house and I got to do work! And I got a free (GREAT!) lunch out of it. I get to go work more this afternoon into the evening!

I love life right now! :

Comment

Working...
                    X