EU Countries Shifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EU Countries Shifting

Which European countries, in your opinion, are becoming distinctly more conservative and which are becoming more liberal? Why?

The Poles are still nuts. Otherwise: who knows?
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

There's a strong trend in Europe for anti-immigrant resentment, which is a right-wing topic here (and often a far right one). Also, the terror attacks made us more paranoid in the matters of domestic security. These are the two big conservative trends, that are common across most of Europe IMO.

OTOH, There seems to be a slow but steady progression on social issues (like gay rights) in most western European countries. I have no idea about Eastern Europe in this regard.

Economically speaking, there is a broad European move toward a more free-market society (which is a conservative topic). But I only know how it looks like in countries that still have significant market regulations. Maybe the countries that are in a very free-market economy already are knowing an opposite trend, I don't know.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
      X