So I stopped biting my nails...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I stopped biting my nails...

As a lot of people I have some "disgusting habits" and biting my nails was among them.... Then I wanted to learn flamenco guitar and learned that you need long and strong fingernails... I stopped in a single week. I catched myself several times biting on them and forced myself to stop immediately (that's important I guess... stop right the moment you notice)... anyway the new bad habit is that I am constantly cleaning them (since I can't bite them anymore.. ****!)

Like I always say, all you need is the right kind of motivation.

I am still picking my nose and lips unfortunately... I have to stop these "traits" as well... unfortunately falta la motivación

I'm a hardcore nail biter as well. It's got to the stage where I have bugger all in the way of fingernails. I wanna stop but can't really find the motivation. It's just sooo hard.

Comment

Same here
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

And on the other hand I have never understood what the compulsion with biting nails is - it holds absolutely no appeal for me whatsoever...
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I'm a hardcore nailbiter.
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I don't know.. it's supposed to be to do something when you are nervous, sometimes when I was bored... but mostly because hey these damn fingernails are soo frickin long already and no cutter in sight.. well
            I think it can be said that I even was a bit afraid of long nails, because I once saw how one of those lifted up the nail-bed because someone fell very unfortunately. That's a terrible sight and it can't really happen with shorter nails.

After a week or two of not biting, the nails have grown to quite a size, only the nails of the thumb grow so slowly (which I would need most.. damn).

Comment

You wamt a medal or a chest to pin it on ?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I seem to remember a story about a mother putting some horrible-tasting but harmless chemical on her offsprings nails. That sounded like a very efficient way to stop biting your nails .
                http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

biting nails doing it since 1984...

cant stop

doing it because:
                  A. i am nervous (i remember when i was waiting to do the 100m finales and had to wait for like 10 minutes while i was warmed up already...good nail biting time that was)

B. i am bored (I notice when i have nothing to do i will 'groom' my fingers with my mouth)

C. i am out of cigarettes (i started smoking after big injury and was bored out of my mind because i couldnt walk, now when i have something to smoke my nails grow...as soon as i am out there they go)

Bunnies!
                  Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                  God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                  'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

I quit for like a month and then started in again. Quit a second time and so far its all going good Sometimes I catch myself trying to bite them but stop. Your fingers will feel weird for awhile as you get used to actually having nails again.
                    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

You guys are revolting.

Don't they have nail clippers in europe?
                      Long time member @ Apolyton
                      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Re: So I stopped biting my nails...

...and picked up the bad habit of creating annoying threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                          You guys are revolting.

Don't they have nail clippers in europe?

Well this is it, I hate long nails too so I cut them regularly...but I have never fancied biting them...
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I stopped biting them a long time ago, but I do something worse, I like bend the ends and then kinda "peel" them off.
                            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Start smoking.
                              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                              X