This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Velociryx
    And Kid...not being rude, especially, but yes...I'll be the first to admit that it gets tiresome having to explain that which everyone else seems to see as blindingly obvious....or maybe it's the meds...

-=Vel=-
    I have a right to my opinion. There's nothing stupid about it. I just don't think people ought to be paid more because they can do something that someone else can't.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

My point is that if you want to do away with capitalism, then these things I AM allowed to own (and have already been put on the "allow list" by the folks here) will have to be outlawed as well.
      No they won't.

Comment

• No explanantion, eh? Just...nope...they won't.

Perfect! Then I'll have capitalism re-invented in about a week in your utopia!

-=Vel=-
        The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

No explanantion, eh? Just...nope...they won't.

Perfect! Then I'll have capitalism re-invented in about a week in your utopia!

-=Vel=-
          There's nothing wrong with owning crayons. That should be good enough for you.

Comment

• Yes, let a capitalist have his crayons and he shall be contented . . . . . . .
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Crayons! Where?
              Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• Here are your crayons . . . . . .

happy now?
                Attached Files
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• There's nothing wrong with owning crayons. That should be good enough for you.

Completely insufficient. If you mean to spread your enlightned rule, then you owe those you mean to rule full disclosure of your plans.

Unless you plan on ditching that whole democratic-angle altogether after you sieze power....

-=Vel=-
                  The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious

I have a right to my opinion. There's nothing stupid about it. I just don't think people ought to be paid more because they can do something that someone else can't.
                    Why? If everyone gets paid the same, everyone would want to do the easy jobs.

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Free beer and crayons?

Comrad...

Comment

• Why? If everyone gets paid the same, everyone would want to do the easy jobs.

Well, unless he's changed his answer since the last time we had this little debate, the answer will be something to the effect of:

You will work where you are told and like it....letting the enlightened ruling elite/party bosses worry over the details.

Sounds like heaven, huh?

-=Vel=-

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious

What about it? Are you saying the rule of law is not possible in a system of checks and balances?
                          I am saying that the rule of law is not possible when there is no legislature and no court system, but only party bosses that make decisions. When there is no private commerce, no property rights, etc., there are only disputes among individuals. If the party can arbitrarily kill people for suspicion, they can decide these disputes as well.
                          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• If the commies around here ever get what they want, they might have a hell of a surprise in store. If so, God help em, and the rest of us.

Comment

Why? If everyone gets paid the same, everyone would want to do the easy jobs.

Well, unless he's changed his answer since the last time we had this little debate, the answer will be something to the effect of:

You will work where you are told and like it....letting the enlightened ruling elite/party bosses worry over the details.

Sounds like heaven, huh?

-=Vel=-
                              You're the only one saying no one will be able to own crayons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned

I am saying that the rule of law is not possible when there is no legislature and no court system, but only party bosses that make decisions. When there is no private commerce, no property rights, etc., there are only disputes among individuals. If the party can arbitrarily kill people for suspicion, they can decide these disputes as well.
                                Why did you say "what about the rule of law" after I advocated checks and balances?

Comment

Working...
                                X