No announcement yet.

Who spoke at your graduation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't graduated yet, but the people who should speak at the graduation ceremony should be:

The German teacher responsible for the exchange programme on the French side
    The director of the poli-sci department in Stuttgart
    The dean of the university Stuttgart
    The French consul in Stuttgart (or more likely an envoy)
    Two students from the programme
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

High School: Vice Chairman of the School Board (last minute substitute. bleah)

College: Jim Henson (U of Md alum; received a well deserved Dr of Fine Arts.)

I always thought they shouldn't hand out diplomas at graduation, but rather as you are leaving the computing center at 2 am after your program failed to compile for the third straight time. A little bit of positive reinforcement.
      Old posters never die.
      They j.u.s.t..f..a..d..e...a...w...a...y....

Comment

I spoke at mine. Couldn't get any bigger than that in here.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Not an option at my school. No graduation without a valid excuse = no diploma. And my parents would have killed me if I didn't go and they didn't get their pictures.
          Being #3 on the list meant that there was a big "been there, done that" feeling when my grad. time came along.

And Emory is full of **** if they think that not participating in a voluntary ceremony means not getting your diploma.

Comment

my graduation was rained out

the person who was suppose to speak was some sort of famous poet

Jon Miller
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Kofi Annan.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I too skipped by graduation.

About ten years ago I went to the graduation of a friend of mine, who was graduating from law school. He had Sandra Day O'Conner, and she was quite impressive. (I'm still hoping she makes CJ someday )

Comment

Time is running out on that. She's in her 70s as well. Remember, she was 2nd in her law school class at Stanford to Chief Justice Rehnquist (showing you how close in age they are).
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Don't go trampling on my delusions!

Comment

Someone has to. You are getting too old for idealism... though it could be the onset of senelity. On that note, carry on!
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

I had to wear a tux to my high school graduation, and the girls had to wear white dresses.

I'm sorry to hear about your suffering.
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I honestly cannot remember who spoke at my graduation. I didn't go to my BA graduation, but I went to my MA one. The girl who sat next to me was really hot, so I wasn't listening.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                            Someone has to. You are getting too old for idealism... though it could be the onset of senelity. On that note, carry on!
                            Gad, when one gets too old for idealism, one turns into a Republican.

Comment

I didn't go. Too cool, I guess.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Emerson just had alumn/former teacher/honorary degree recipient Dennis Leary speak this past Monday.

I don't know who will speak when I graduate in 2 years (out of 5).
                                "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                                ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                                "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Working...
                                X