Who spoke at your graduation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who spoke at your graduation?

It's graduation time (mine was Monday) and some big time dignitaries have spoken at your commencements. Which were yours?

At Emory's main commencement (with all the schools there) we had Tom Brokaw, who was actually the local anchor at Atlanta's NBC station before he became big time. It was a good speech. Brokaw knows how to speak and charged with the whole make a difference thing. Of course he had to sneak in a Greatest Generation at the end of his speech .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

I skipped mine. The ****ers wanted to charge me for cap/gown/diploma.

Comment

Paul Simon (the senator)
      that famous Guatemalan woman activist whose name I can't remember.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
        Not an option at my school. No graduation without a valid excuse = no diploma. And my parents would have killed me if I didn't go and they didn't get their pictures.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I can't remember who was there...
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

College - Kweisi Mfume
            High School - Kathleen Kennedy Townsend (and the airhead even said the name of the school wrong when speaking).
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

some guy. i remember he told us that we should never forget that as graduates of academia we will always be "a special part of greece's youth". i didn't know at that time he meant "the unemployed"

Comment

said the name of the school wrong when speaking

Comment

Steven Weinberg
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Don't just list names... tell us if they were any good without teleprompters .

Comment

Weinberg was pretty good.

He's also about 400 times smarter than anybody else listed so far...
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                        I had to wear a tux to my high school graduation, and the girls had to wear white dresses.
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                          Weinberg was pretty good.

He's also about 400 times smarter than anybody else listed so far...
                          You can add a few zeros to that against Townsend. I don't think I've seen such a bimbo in politics.
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Erin Moriarty. I was pissed. The year before us they got Bush then we get some second rate reporter. I was shocked actually. I was expecting Cheney or Condi or someone, especially in an election year. I had never even heard of her before graduation.

Comment

HS: Rush Limbaugh
                              College: erm...
                              Law School: erm..some state official, auditor or something. The year before was AG Ashcroft.

Yup, all downhill since HS for me

Comment

Working...
                              X