Question for the Israelis (or anyone else for that matter) on kibbutznicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the Israelis (or anyone else for that matter) on kibbutznicks

Well, it starts (as things tend to do a lot in my life) with a drunken conversation. I was talking to some random strangers about my lack of a plan to spend the summer holidays - no Irish government sponsored trip to Florida for me this year. I despaired about not finding anything fun to do.

One of the guys I was talking to mentioned that he had spent a summer in the '80's working on a kibbutz in Israel, and how he had had a great time. Bed & board plus a little pocket money for getting up early in the morning and working until the afternoon. It seemed like a sweet deal.

I was wondering if anyone on this website has ever done the entire kibbutz experience, and if so what were your experiences and how did you apply?

P.S. if anyone else has any good idea for a summer job I'm open to suggestions.
    STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

I know of some acquiantances who have done the "work-holiday" thing. They had a good time. But I think you have to be ok with knowing that you are going to do some work. It won't only be cockteils under the umbrella You can choose a country and ask its embassy or its tourism ministry for info about the "work holiday" thing or search for NGOs or other societies who organize these things.
    And since you're irish you can also go to Ios and work as a bartender. You'll find plenty of your compatriots there

Comment

Working...
    X