Name That Quote:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name That Quote:

"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things. Among them are [a] few other Texas oil millionaires, and an occasional politician or business man from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid."
    10 points for the name
    5 points for the time period (decade's what I'm looking for)
    1 point for the political party of said source
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

First Guess:a Democrat said it. cmon foints!

Comment

im not loony
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

I missed on all points.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Hint Number 1: A world leader
          "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

im gonna guess: 1950s. harry truman. dumbocrats.
            "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

President Dwight D. Eisenhower. Republican. 1954.
              "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
              "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
              Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Congrats to Mr. Googler, Bill1920.

I probably should've put "no googling" as a requirement...

Ahh, well, I'm a ****ing paddy, so what do I know?

Comment

Even if I didn't, I'd think that it was obvious that it was a Republican President; otherwise, you wouldn't post it in the first place, obviously with the intent of irony (akin to Bush Sr.'s quote about why Iraq wasn't invaded in Gulf War 1).
                  "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Bastard

My thread now has even less importance than one of Ned's.

Comment

Googling in these games?
                      I'd stab him for that.

Seriously, though, it's amazing the stuff Ike said. He had lots of quite the progressive things to say.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

so do i get any points?

Comment

You said the right decade, so prolly.

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                            Googling in these games?
                            I'd stab him for that.
                            I only googled to verify that I totally missed the mark. I was thinking Johnson.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                            X