I Love Univision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Love Univision

And I also wish I spoke Spanish. I was at the store with my mom, grocery shopping, and she had walked off in the produce section leaving my with the cart. I stood there for awhile, then scooted the cart back some to get out of a lady's way (I was blocking the apricots). The lady looked at me and said something in Spanish, all I could say was "huh?" coupled with a stupid look, she grinned at me then walked off. Judging by her facial expression she was being friendly, and damn was she pretty.

And Phoenix is hell on Earth (flew there then drove to Albuquerque)

And there are a lot of ants around here. Black ants, red ants, fire ants. I even saw little red ants attacking some winged black ants, it took them some time but they kicked the black ants ass.

And when I woke up this morning there was a dead cockroach less than a foot in front of my face, I got scared and jumped up to my feet in a second. (no contacts in so I couldnt tell it was dead)

And there are stray cats living under my house and pigeons on(or in) the roof.

And my dog already got loose once, I got to feel the dread of seeing him run across 4 lanes in front of cars. Luckily I caught him. He got out in the first place because I forgot that when you open a door here you are in the house, in Barrow there is a small room before you enter the house, I forgot about the difference.

And I picked up about fifty-billion applications today!

And I got to see the land between Phoenix and Albuquerque along interstate 40. Pretty, but filled with junk, random houses, abandond vehicles, cows, in short there was no wild land to see. Though there were plenty of Elk crossing warnings.

And I have more to talk about after having been here for 30 hours than I did in the last few years I lived in Barrow.

And I saw a cattle guard for the first time in my life, I dont understand how it works.

And there's a huge spider on the cieling, hopefully it stays there.

And we bought a rake so I could clean the yards (a lot of garbage and nails etc in them), mom never had the time/motivation/means to clean outside. But the rake was broken and we hadnt seen that so I didnt get a chance to do that.

And the receptionist at my moms work is pretty, so I need excuses to visit my mom at work, so I can hit on the receptionist. I need your help with that.

And did I mention its hot? It got up to 80 something today while we were walking places, and the sun was baking me

And and and I think thats all I have to say right now. Though Ive seen and experienced more so far. Just a reminder Univision is the best damn network ever.

My girlfriend speaks Spanish. She prefers Telemundo.
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Congrats on leaving the gulag, btw
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Glad to see you out of Alaska.

The Arizona desert is the best desert around.

Hispanic bonitas

Your body will adjust to the heat, just make sure to carry alot of water around with you.
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

My girlfriend speaks Spanish. She prefers Telemundo.

I dont think her and I watch Spanish television for the same reasons.

Your body will adjust to the heat, just make sure to carry alot of water around with you.

Its actually not as bad as I thought it would be. Its just rough waking up in the mornings, Im dehydrated before I even open my eyes.

I believe I have a spider to hunt down and kill, it is no longer on the cieling.

Comment

Cattle guards work by trapping the cows legs in the groves...

AZ is nice, hot, but never humid. So it when it gets to 110 it will be blistering, but bareable.
            Monkey!!!

Comment

And did I mention its hot? It got up to 80 something today while we were walking places, and the sun was baking me
              You aint seen nothing yet.
              Visit First Cultural Industries
              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

It will get hotter but as everyone said it is a dry heat so that's better then the south-east. It's going to take you a while to get used to your new enviroment before your body figures out you've drastically changed where you're living. That's a good thing though and eventually you will feel as comfortable there as on the North Slope.

I'm glade you've moved to a new place and that you like it.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                  Glad to see you out of Alaska.

The Arizona desert is the best desert around.

Hispanic bonitas

The New Mexico and Utah desert is a lot nicer and more interesting scenically and geologically.
                  When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                    Cattle guards work by trapping the cows legs in the groves...

AZ is nice, hot, but never humid. So it when it gets to 110 it will be blistering, but bareable.
                    Cows are also pretty dumb and half blind, so a lot of times, you'll see cattleguards just painted on the road - it works almost as well, for a lot less money.
                    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Yeah, I've seen the painted ones... Slow'd down at them and was all "Whoa!!"
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

I think Albequerque regularly gets over 100. It probably has the same negative effect on your body as Arkansas' summers (about 10 degrees cooler but with high humidity, ie hot, sweaty, sticky.)

Dress light and drink a lot of water. I don't mean Barrow dress light, I mean shorts, boxers if you don't like freeballing or worry about your pants falling down, and a white T. And that will keep you mostly cool.

Make sure you don't sunburn or anything. Get some sunscreen if you're going to be outside for a long period of time. Sunburn is not a laughing matter.

So you're living in the suburbs or something?

And I got to see the land between Phoenix and Albuquerque along interstate 40. Pretty, but filled with junk, random houses, abandond vehicles, cows, in short there was no wild land to see.
                        That's how a lot of interstate is. You might get some good landscapes, but mostly it's ugly, there's just farms or scattered houses. Sometimes you get to see a treat on highways, like up somewhere around LR one time I saw a "gentlemens' entertainment club" about 15 yards down the street from a Baptist church.
                        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell

I think Albequerque regularly gets over 100. It probably has the same negative effect on your body as Arkansas' summers (about 10 degrees cooler but with high humidity, ie hot, sweaty, sticky.)
                          High 80's to low 90's, and if you're up north towards Santa Fe, it's cooler. Albuquerque is at around 5000 feet elevation, so you have maybe 15-20 days a year when you'll barely get into the 100's in the peak of the day.

Comment

to getting out of Alaska.

Comment

So you're living in the suburbs or something?

Close to downtown actually. 10-15 minute walk. Went down there today to pick up another couple of applications. I was very awe-struck to find it looked a lot like downtown Anchorage, my mom told me that all downtown areas look alike though.

I don't mean Barrow dress light

I was considering wearing my parka around just to see what people do/say.

Comment

Working...
                              X