Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I almost punctured my eye!

CLOSE ONE!

I was visiting my dad yesterday, and carrying some stuff to the car I took from there, so I opened the garage door with one hand, I had piled stuff to my lap so much I couldn't see, but that's ok I know my way around there.

It rained hard outside so I thought I'd make a run for it, not up for getting soaked outside. So I dash, take the first step and BAAAAAAM! face first to the garage door opening mechanism. Bastard made from metal!

I felt it going to the wrong place, little between my eye and the bone next to it. Nasty. It also hurt like hell, had stinging pain in me brain. Did I drop a single item? Of course not. Did I rush them to the car in the rain? Yes I did, and THEN I came back to see what happened to my face/eye. BEcause that's the caliber of a man I am.

Anyway I was definitely hurt. My left eye started swelling fast and I had to put some ice to it so my eye wouldn't shut. Gave me a proper headache too!

Now I'm ok though. But now that I look at the bruise, I can see it was so close to actually getting in to the middle of my eye instead of to the side where while it hurt like hell, it didn't damage my eye. One millimeter, two millimeters to the right, who knows.

I know one thing though.. the door didn't win me, even though it hurt me bad and tried to blind me. I slammed the door shut and let the metal bastard knwo what I thought of it, and it didn't do anything back anymore, it was scared of me. So I won I feel.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Well, do it until you get it right.

Comment

ugh.

Good thing that it was an "almost" though
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

BTW, if it continues to hurt, maybe you should see a doctor
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Once when I was doing deliveries on a motorcycle back in Jersey, I swerved to avoid an accident and went off onto the shoulder. Well, just in front of me was a truck carrying a 2" round gavanized pipe extending out the back. The pipe hit right in the middle of my farhead, penetrated my skull and passed directly through the middle of my brain and popped out the back of my head.

Well.

In great pain I slowly pushed myself off the pipe leaving brain and pieces of skull the whole way. Finally I pushed and the pipe popped back out the front of my wrecked skull, pieces of the flesh of my face impacted in its end. Shrugging it off, I picked up my bike, got back on and finished my deliveries before going to the emergency room.

Just the kinda manly man I be.
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Lancer, that's the man you would be if that was true

But nice story anyway. I feel I'm stronger than any garage, and that no room can give me any challenge right now.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Pekka, you're the roominator!
              Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I constantly have near hits like that. Nigh-on getting overrun by cars, buses or trams every couple of weeks, about to lit a cigarette whilst noticing the gas is still running, my sweater turning on fire and not noticing it until I see myself in a window, drinking after taking medication and discovering the day after that was supposed to be lethal etc etc etc
                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Working...
                X