Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Die Food Nazis! Mcdonalds says "No supersize for you!"

I need to get this off of my chest.

Twice a year, I eat at McDonalds, and today was one of those days. So I sidle up to the counter to order my favorite treat: A double cheeseburger combo with the Supersize add-on so I can have lots of fries.

The cashier informs that the restaurant no longer offers the "Super-Size" option because of the negative publicity from the notorious documentary, but do offer the "large" size for extra.

Ok, no problem- I figure it's all a matter of semantics anyway. So I pony up the extra change and wait for my food. And what do I get? A "large" fry that was no bigger than their medium back in the day! And what's more, a double cheeseburger that appears noticeably smaller in size and diameter?

What the hell is this? When I treat myself to some fast food, I want a cheeseburger the size of a poundcake, and enough french fries to choke a horse. Who is Mcdonalds trying to kid? And why are caving to pressure from the movie and outside groups to get away from what they're so good at providing (that is, copious amounts of grease, fat, and salt at bargain prices)?

I leave the restaurant so...not...full. And as much as I like McDonalds burgers, I will be spending my fast food dollar elsewhere thank you.

Die Food Nazis!

That is all.

Thank you....
    "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

It's their own business what they sell to you and in what size.

Do you know what Nazis are and what they do?

Comment

No one forced McDonalds to change their menu.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Noone forces him to buy McDonalds.

Comment

This is good news; the negative publicity has had an effect on MacDonald’s to the point that they are willing to change their practices. Now if we could only get them to shut down completely the world would be a better place.
          You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

No way, Dude. Their $1 menu has saved me on many an occasion.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

But then how would you feed your false sense of elitism?

Comment

Just buy two burgers and fries, if thats how many you want.

And thanks mate, Im hungry and I cant remember where the nearest fast food is going to be open
                Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

My ego doesn’t need any boosting. It will do just fine.
                  You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

Now if we could only get them to shut down completely the world would be a better place.
                    I think the leftist "activists" would just find something else to vandalize during their bi-annual, peaceful protests against the unjust state of the surrounding world.

Comment

They do already. A couple years back they trashed a John Lewis store during such a protest. John Lewis being a co-operative, with all profits not reinvested being given to employees in the form of bonuses.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

McDonald's €1 offer

Comment

So...I just want to use the internet to find an open McD, Only the store locater wont give me the opening times not on the bk site either, kfc doesnt even have a store locator!

£1 burgers I just wish I could buy some
                          Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

This thread sure made you hungry

Comment

When I read the thread title I read "Die... Nazis" as in a German plural

This place is too full of hate.

Comment

Working...
                              X