No announcement yet.

How to I Change ID tags on .wma files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to I Change ID tags on .wma files?

A friend of mine gave me a mixed cd of some of her favorite songs. I transferred the songs onto my computer with Windows Media player but since i didn't know the names of all the songs and didn't want them labeled generically with track 1, track 2, etc. i picked a random album from the same artist when media player attempted to identify the cd ( since its a mixed cd, its contents do not match any actual album.) The artist is not well know so the lyrics to her songs were not( and still are not available online) so i couldn't identify the songs that way.

I use winamp to play music and now that i know the names of some of the songs, i would like winamp to display the proper titles. With Mp3 files, i can change the tags through the "view file info" option but this doesn't work with .wmas. I tried changing the name with windows explorer and in media play but winamp still loads the old and incorrect titles. Is it possible to chage this?
    When the stars threw down their spears,
    and water'd heaven with their tears,
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

On a cd, I don't think you can, unless it's re-writable and you have cd-rw drive.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

That doesn't seem to be the problem, since Windows Media Player already changed the tags once per the random album that was picked. Unfortunately I haven't got the answer, but a guy like Asher would probably know what to do.

Unless you could convert into mp3's and rename them that way as you're used to.

Comment

its not on a cd. the songs are on my hard drive now.

Comment

Open up WMP.

Select the library tab.

Select the section you want to edit and right click, slecting the edit option.

Edit.

Okay, that didn't work.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Aha! Found it.

Open up WMP.

Select the library tab.

Select the song you want to change and right-click on it.

Select Advanced Tag Editor

Edit.

Comment

blast it, i tried the advanced tag editor and a program called media tagger. Winamp is still reading the old title. I'm starting to think its a winamp issue... I'm using version 5.05. Heres hoping for an Asher intervention....

Comment

Isn't Asher banned currently?
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

god damn it! That would explain the unusually long response time. He usually hits up the tech request threads with the perfect solution within few hours...

Comment

I noticed he referred to Urban Ranger yesterday in an unflattering way, and so got restricted for 24 hours as a result. He should commence service as normal before too long.

Comment

Yeah, and he's whining about it at another forum.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

dBpoweramp: mp3 converter, FLAC, WAV, AAC and Apple Losslesss. CD Ripper, Album Art Fixing, Asset UPnP Server

Can convert bitrates (down) also.
                        Will become default ripper, and is very good.
                        Uses LAME compression.
                        Easy to set titling and tags.
                        Best of all, it's free.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Slowwhand sighting!

Comment

Should I call the rescue wagons, or do you have this flight under control?
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

*Bump*

Now that I see Asher posting again.

Comment

Working...
                              X