Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clone Wars Animated Series

Who here has seen it?

I watched it last night, and if the movie spoilers are anything to go by, it should be required viewing. It leaves off exactly where Revenge of the Sith should pick up, introduces a major character, and fills in character development gaps that Attack of the Clones left behind..

I rather liked it, but they should have spent more on the animation art.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

I missed the last 15-20 minutes. Can someone tell me what happened. All I know is that Anakin saved those tribal creatures and lost his mech arm.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Spoiler:
      Greivous defeats the three jedi and succeeds in kidnapping the chancellor. Skywalker and Kenobi return to the ship and are ordered to Rescue him. Apparently, the movie starts with the same pitched battle that ends the cartoon.

Comment

Go here.

"People sit in chairs!" - Bobby Baccalieri

Comment

Thanx Mad Monk. Not much of an ending is it.

Comment

I saw the second half of the series, and it was surprisingly good. Bridges the gap excellently, and although Grevious kicks all kinds of ass in the cartoom, he still looks like a muppet, which is never good. It had good humour too, I liked it when the Jedi were edgily waiting for a lift, see the baddies coming and the weird-looking one hits the button to the lift a few more times like we all do when we want the lift to arrive.

I didn't much like the way they represented the big battles on Coruscant though, hopfully the movie will show it betterer.

Comment

I have watched the first volume..

I should have watched that.. (will they play it a lot in thiscoming week?)

Jon miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

It's not an ending, it's a transition.

It's like Lucas realized he needed something between Attack and Revenge, but didn't want to admit he blew the pacing of the films, so he turned what is really the third chapter into a cartoon.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                  It's not an ending, it's a transition.

It's like Lucas realized he needed something between Attack and Revenge, but didn't want to admit he blew the pacing of the films, so he turned what is really the third chapter into a cartoon.
                  I'd say they should have just made another movie, but not without an ending. That would have really blew the whole thing.

Comment

Okay, I'm shifting to the other thread.

Comment

The first part of that series was crap. Honestly, it was close to impossible to follow the story, while the animations where crap. Also the aliens were so much stereotyped. Come on, "Calamari"...

It appeared to be a wild sequence of clumsy battle animations; no story at all.
                      Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                      Let me eat your yummy brain!
                      "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Working...
                      X