X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Hitchiker's opening song

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Prokofiev vs. Rota? Hmm, let me think about that one...
      WHich Romeo and Juliet are you thinking of?
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
        WHich Romeo and Juliet are you thinking of?
        The one from the 1970s (I think). Nino Rota did the score. The main theme is very famous.

Surely you don't mean the new one?

Or are you thinking of Prokofiev's ballet music for R&J? He never did a film score for it.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Glory - James Horner and the Harlem Boys Choir
          Monkey!!!

Comment

The Man With The Golden Arm

L'Ascenseur Pour L'Echafaud

Wattstax

The Grifters

Get Carter (original)

North By Northwest

The Wicker Man

Jazz On A Summer's Day

Across 110th Street

Alfred the Great

Walk on the Wild Side
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

The one from the 1970s (I think). Nino Rota did the score. The main theme is very famous.

Surely you don't mean the new one?

Or are you thinking of Prokofiev's ballet music for R&J? He never did a film score for it.
              There was a movie of the ballet. I think it was filmed in the 1960s.

Comment

I've seen one with a british ballet company (troupe?) with Dame somebody or other (not edna) as Julliet. She looked about 60 or so (playing Julliet - yeah right) but she was still a wonderful dancer.

EDIT: it was 1966 with Dame Margot Fonteyn and Rudolf Nureyev
                Last edited by SpencerH; May 20, 2005, 09:22.
                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I wish I could write without parenthesis.
                  We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                  If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                  Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Clockwork Orange

Battle of Algiers

In The Mood For Love

Psycho

West Side Story

Shaft

Cleopatra Jones

Trouble In Mind

Fanny and Alexander

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• The best soundtrack by far is young guns 2! Bon jovi rocks! Its the album which had blaze of glory as its main single, its a classic!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                        There was a movie of the ballet. I think it was filmed in the 1960s.
                        Don't know about that, but I wouldn't really count that, as the music wasn't written expressly for the movie.

That would be like saying the Best Movie Sountrack was the 1970s Carmen film with Domingo. But it's not really movie music, it's an opera they've filmed. I prefer to make a distinction to give credit to those who write for movies.
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• The Moderns

Passion Fish

The Last Seduction

The Angelic Conversation

Bullitt

In The Heat of the Night

Equinox

Rosemary's Baby

The Conversation

Performance

The Italian Job

Nine Hours to Rama

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Don't know about that, but I wouldn't really count that, as the music wasn't written expressly for the movie.

That would be like saying the Best Movie Sountrack was the 1970s Carmen film with Domingo. But it's not really movie music, it's an opera they've filmed. I prefer to make a distinction to give credit to those who write for movies.
                            Did Prokofiev write the score explicitly for the movie Alexander Nevsky?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                              Did Prokofiev write the score explicitly for the movie Alexander Nevsky?
                              Yes. He's considered the father of film score composers.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Yes. He's considered the father of film score composers.
                                Prokofiev was an early 20th century version of John Williams?

Oh father, how will I ever live with the shame? (Visualize Sylvester the Cat's son putting grocery bag over his head.)

Comment

Working...
                                X