Rocky!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky!

Damn.. I'm just watching Rocky again, of course as a kid this was a cool movie because it has sly in it, you know the battle of the 80s and early 90s, who's better, sly or arnold.. I guess pretty universal subject at those times.

Anyway, so later on I always thought that the movie sucks, but I just liked it because I was a kid and sly was in it. Now I'm watching Rocky again, the first one, and this is actually a really really good movie. Has something in it.. this strange draw.. great character building, and somehow sly is very likeable character but mysterious but also good.

Very good movie after all, just as a movie.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Tass, there are no russians in Rocky.

You really need to get a grip, or at least eventis back......

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

you give rooskies a bad name. They should say thanks for nothing 'comrade'.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

In Rocky IV, there are.

"I must break you!"
        "People sit in chairs!" - Bobby Baccalieri

Comment

Pekka is not watching Rocky 4.

"Go for it."

ACK!

Comment

YEah... Rocky I > Rocky IV, even though beating the Bastard commie was good and realistic.
            In da butt.

Comment

I agree the sequels were generally inferior to the original Rocky. With the possible close exception of Rocky II.

Comment

Har har...Comrade make joke.

"Heh-hey, Rocky!"

Comment

communist jokes are like communist christmas food. Just not there.
                  In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

Really? Who are the two on the right in my picture then?
                    You know, I'm just not up on it today..........

ACK!

Comment

Speaking of boxing movies, I saw a press screening of Cinderella Man a few days ago. A great movie with some awesome boxing scenes.

Comment

Speaking of fighting, what ever happened to the PKA (Professional Karate Association)? I remember watching some awesome bouts 20-25 years ago. Or did they move to PPV too?
                        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                          Speaking of boxing movies, I saw a press screening of Cinderella Man a few days ago. A great movie with some awesome boxing scenes.
                          Was the boxing even semi-realistic (unlike, say, in Rocky?)
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Boris and Natasha are fron Spotsylvannia, employed by "Fearless Leader".
                            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I wonder if I'm the only person on earth who haven't seen any of the Rocky movies

On a sidenote I just saw Rambo last night and I'm going to see the sequels to them soon
                              Until last night I have never seen any of the Rambo movies, but now finally I know what's it about (or at least the first movie)
                              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                              X