Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A man assualts a woman, she dies of her injuries. Murder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asleepathewheel

murder doesn't have a statute of limitations Ned.

The lessers may or may not in florida, I'm not sure.
    But it does if the law is that it is not murder at all unless she dies with a specified period of time.
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Re: Re: Re: A man assualts a woman, she dies of her injuries. Murder?

Originally posted by Ned
      Because there is a specific case involved.
      Originally posted by Ned
      Not yet. This is about Terri Schiavo.
      Then it's not so hypothetical, is it?
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I thought Terri was in her state because of a car accident. Michael beat her into that condition? And then told the hospital to pull the plug, what, 14, 15 years later?
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal
          I thought Terri was in her state because of a car accident. Michael beat her into that condition? And then told the hospital to pull the plug, what, 14, 15 years later?
          She was in that state because she had an eating disorder which led to, IIRC a potassium imbalance which caused her to have a heart attack.

I'm wondering when along the way Furman and/or Ned believes an actionable offense took place.

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
            Not true. We have community property and the legislature enacts all Supreme Court decisions into statutes. That said, most judges still follow precedent, just as they should.
            Community property doesn't mean jack as to the legal system. There are at least 10 states that have community property. Arizona's law is based on the common law. The legislature enacting Supreme Court decisions into statutes (ALL? I think that's a Hell of a streach) doesn't matter either. As long as the judges rely on precedent and believe that previous rulings have the force of law, it is a common law system.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

Same can be said for the girl then. Unless you spiked her alcohol-free beverages without her knowing.
              And the truth shall set ye free!
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel

She was in that state because she had an eating disorder which led to, IIRC a potassium imbalance which caused her to have a heart attack.

I'm wondering when along the way Furman and/or Ned believes an actionable offense took place.
                Asleep, a bone scan take about a year after her collapse showed fractures all over her body. The timeframe for the fractures indicates that they had to have occurred right about the time of the collapse. There were witnesses who knew Terri was a beaten woman and intended to divorce her husband. The attending physicians did not identify a cause of the brain damage other than to suggest that it was from strangulation. There was no eating disorder. Where that came from is anybody's guess. The low potassium level was there, but how it got there is anyone's guess.

We shall see.
                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Working...
                X