Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A man assualts a woman, she dies of her injuries. Murder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnT
    Here's another one, likely more inflammatory:

If you get a girl drunk with the intent of having sex with her, is it rape?

I vote: yes.
    I suppose she still drinks out of her own free will, knowingly it contains alcohol and we can assume she knows the common results of drinking like a lower inhibition. Assuming she isn't forced in any other way, I woundn't call it rape by far.

Comment

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

KH votes no
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Because "I was drunk" is never a defense.
          Same can be said for the girl then. Unless you spiked her alcohol-free beverages without her knowing.
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

My point exactly.

Spiffor
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

In Canada the law says that the delay to be considered murder is 4 years.

There was a case of a Black beaten by the police, who died of his injuries four years and a half later.
              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

JohnT
                In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

It depends on how drunk and whether or not she's willing.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

California is ALSO a common law state. It just also has a good number of statutes.
                    Not true. We have community property and the legislature enacts all Supreme Court decisions into statutes. That said, most judges still follow precedent, just as they should.
                    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Re: Re: A man assualts a woman, she dies of her injuries. Murder?

Originally posted by Jaguar

If it's hypothetical, why is someone specifically mentioned in the poll?
                      Because there is a specific case involved, Furman is investigating, but we don't know what he is going to say. Still, it is likely that he will conclude that Michael Schiavo beat his wife up, leading to her brain damage and her eventuall death when life support was withdrawn.
                      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                        has Ned bashed a woman?
                        Not yet. This is about Terri Schiavo.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
                          In Canada the law says that the delay to be considered murder is 4 years.

There was a case of a Black beaten by the police, who died of his injuries four years and a half later.
                          No, this is curious. Could Michael Schiavo waited until the SOL on murder had expired before he filed his petition to have Terri's tube pulled?

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

It depends on how drunk and whether or not she's willing.
                            Just saw a movie last night where the drunk girl is all over the guy, etc., but then she passes out. He does it. I would say it was not rape.

Comment

Originally posted by Ned

No, this is curious. Could Michael Schiavo waited until the SOL on murder had expired before he filed his petition to have Terri's tube pulled?
                              murder doesn't have a statute of limitations Ned.

The lessers may or may not in florida, I'm not sure.

Comment

nm

Comment

Working...
                                X