No announcement yet.

Adult Swim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robot Chicken, Tom Goes to the Mayor, ATHF, Venture Bros, GitS: SAC, and FMA are all great.

Even though I can't stand hip-hop I'm still going to check out Samurai Champloo tonight since it looks very Cowboy Bebop-ish

Originally posted by Qilue
    Just what the hell is Adult Swim?
    Late-night programming block on Cartoon Network, aimed towards adults.

Comment

I like Harvey Birdman too

I can't stand Sealab
      "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
      ^ The Poly equivalent of:
      "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

I meant the poll to only cover the shows unique to and produced by AS, hence there was no option for Futurama, Family Guy or any of the anime. If it comes to that, I like FMA, and Cowboy Bebop on the rare occasion that they play it. SMC isn't all that funny but it doesn't bother me much. I imagine it would be hilariously funny if I took a few shots of something beforehand. TGttM is evil, evil, evil. The whole tepid, wannabe-deadpan style makes me want to throw something at the TV.

Okay, I'll bite, how do you log out of this place? Usually there's a logout button in plain sight on forums, but there's nothing like that here. I imagine it's hidden in some submenu? Ngh.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Log out is on the main forum screen.

Forgot about FLCL.
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I haven't seen Rocky, though I probably should.

However...Sly got two Oscar nods for it, and one was for acting, and that's as much a travesty as Cher winning one.
            "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
            ^ The Poly equivalent of:
            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous
              I haven't seen Rocky, though I probably should.

However...Sly got two Oscar nods for it, and one was for acting, and that's as much a travesty as Cher winning one.
              quoted for posterity.

So how drunk are you?
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                Seen most of the Inu-Yashas, love Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Big O, GitS: SAC, and Full Metal Alchemist.
                Good choice of programs here
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Trigun + Cowboy Bebop + FCLCL were all really good

I have liked what little I have seen of Full Metal Alchemist

Inu-Yashas is ok, if a bet juvinile

Jon Miller
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

FLCL?
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous
                      You left out the one where Will Ferrell voices a man with no arms or legs whose suburbanite family lives in nuclear waste.

ATHF, followed closely by Home Movies.

The guys who make ATHF first realized that their little crappy animation show was a hit when one of the SportsCenter guys said "it makes the homies say 'ho' and the girlies want to scream" on air.
                      what? you're b.s.'ing! that kicks a**!
                      Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                      Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                      *****Citizen of the Hive****
                      "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                        FLCL?
                        yeah.. I put in an extra C

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

FLCL kicks unholy amounts of ass.

Now, if they would only broadcast Evangelion...
                          "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                          Drake Tungsten
                          "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                          Albert Speer

Comment

EVa was also awesome

I rewatched that again recently

everything (even episodes 25 and 26, the only happy ending in the story) rocks

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                            X