Adult Swim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adult Swim

Yes, I'm back. What do you mean, you didn't notice I'd left? Humph. Anyway, it wasn't my fault, my computer got busted and since poly lacks a "log out" feature I wasn't comfortable using the public computers at college. But I'm home now, which means you get to bask in my company again. You lucky buggers.

While computerless at a college, I naturally grew extremely bored and turned to TV for amusement. Most of it's too tepid to be enjoyable, but my enthusiasm for the Cartoon Network's Adult Swim program did increase dramatically.

Two questions. Firse, who else here loves AS? And, secondly, is it just me or does "Tom goes to the Mayor" really, really suck? It's not at all funny to me, it's just depressing. I wind up hitting the mute button whenever the ads come on, it's so horrible.

Robot Chicken, otoh, is freakin' awesome.
    Robot Chicken
    5.41%
    Sealab 2021...why'd they have to stop making it?
    5.41%
    Uh...does anybody remember Space Ghost CTC?
    2.70%
    Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law
    5.41%
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force
    21.62%
    I drink enough to find Tom and the Mayor funny
    0.00%
    The Venture Brothers
    13.51%
    Alas, Home Movies, back in the day
    2.70%
    Something Elok left out of this list(please specify)
    8.11%
    I can't decide
    0.00%
    I hate Adult Swim
    2.70%
    WTF is Adult Swim?
    32.43%
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

I voted for Aqua Teen Hunger Force

although I like some Sealab 2021, Tom and the MAyor, and Home Movies as well (and Space Ghost Coast to Coast ahd it's moments as well)

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I hvaen't seen Robot Chicken

and the one Ic an't get at all is Milk Chan

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I think Poly does have a log out feature anyway...

Comment

ATHF!

Can't stand TGttM.

I'm probably the only one, but I actually like Super Milk Chan. God that show is demented. It's made to watch while stoned or tripping, I'm sure. "YOU DUMBASS!"

Seen most of the Inu-Yashas, love Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Big O, GitS: SAC, and Full Metal Alchemist.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Re: Adult Swim

I haven't the faintest idea what you're on about. I suspect this is some kind of variation on Mornington Crescent.

Comment

I really hate Super Milk Chan. I want to kill it with an ax.

The Venture Brothers is a great show. Reminds me of a few Johnny Quest spoofs Cartoon Network dared to create back in the day.

ATHF is a fave, as well as Bepop.

I hate Tom Goes to the Mayor.

Comment

Venture Brothers rules! Think I'll go watch it on the dvr.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

ATHF is easily the best, followed by Sealab, then the Venture Brothers, and finally Harvey Birdman. I don't care for the others. The first Tom Goes to the Mayor episode was ok. I hate anime.
                  "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                  -Bokonon

Comment

Am I the only one who liked Witch Hunter Robin?

Some of the Super Milk Chan's are good, but some others are really annoying.
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Some SMC's are good but others aren't? Dude, they all have the exact same plot! Only the details are changed.

Comment

The early ones were different in some ways.
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

If it isn't Futurama and Family Guy, I don't watch Adult Swim.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Robot Chicken is good.
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Futurama is good, but I voted Venture Brothers..

(I have the Family DVD box set )
                              Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                              Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                              *****Citizen of the Hive****
                              "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Working...
                              X