Question re: University functioning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question re: University functioning

For anyone that knows (Agathon, perhaps): in general - do Univerity faculties work on a system of shared database regarding individual students? For instance, will a professor of a student in one course be able to obtain that students history for previous courseload and grades? Does it, perhaps, go beyond that?

What did you do?
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

For instance, will a professor of a student in one course be able to obtain that students history for previous courseload and grades?

It likely depends upon the regulations concerning data privacy that each individual University draws up. However, I can't see why a professor wouldn't have access to a students grades.

Now, c'mon, you can tell us: you're among friends. What'd ya do?

Comment

or what are you going to do?
        Monkey!!!

Comment

?

Comment

why does it matter to you?
            Monkey!!!

Comment

They'll often have that sort of access because of their role as advisors...it depends on how good the security of the individual school is whether or not faculty will have access to the complete records for only their own advisees or for any random student. (Where I go, they have universal access to all students.)
              "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Working...
              X