Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is great stuff: http://www.chavscum.co.uk/

check out the chav culture section and how to spot a chav ^^
    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by child of Thor

He is New Labour, so dont be too surprised

But on a serious note - this new craze that is going around, its called 'happy slapping' - is looking like going out of control.
      I watched a program on tv about it last night. Its part of the whole 'Hooded tops' yob thing.

Just in case your dont know what 'happy slapping' is about i'll give a brief description.

Usualy its done by two or more kids/youths(often 'hooded'). Mostly it happens on public transport+ at schools, but its also started to be reported on the high streets.
      Anyway one member of the gang is the slapper - he will be the one conducting the attack. His mate(s) will take up a good vantage point to use their mobiles to record the event(sending video over the internet or to other friends phones), most attacks happen behind the victim - catching them by surprise.

They pick a target and the slapper will come up behind the unsuspecting member of the public and using an open hand, give them a huge slap on the face/head. His freinds will record it. And then they all run off.

By huge slap - they showed people getting knocked out cold, knock to the floor by the force, so its not like the game 'slaps' kids used to play at school. Its basicaly a full out assault.

Now it doesnt sound too bad on paper, but some of the footage they showed on this program was pretty disturbing.

One young women was hit twice in the face, just minding her own business, and you could tell was really traumatised by it - i doubt she will be able to travel on the bus by herself anytime soon

The thing was watching these attacks just made my blood boil - its hugely cowardly on the yobs part. And the craze is growing and getting very dangerous as they try to up the ante.

Recently a guy who fell asleep at a bus stop was set on fire by two kids who filmed it on their phones. He survived but is burnt for life and in constant pain. The two idiots who did it got 6years each in jail(too little imho).

I'm just waiting for it to happen to me - i'll ram their phones down their throats for starters i think. The thing is i know i'll react extremly violently to such an attack, bad for me probably(due to my reaction), bad for the kids who do it, as i can not gaurantee i wont kill them in a fit of rage(or get stabbed or shot in the process)

Stupid fu**ing kids

Its stuff like this that makes me loose my tolerance - are our out of control kids just asking to be pyriahs in our society? I can see this story growing and the reactions getting harsher

And the problem is because they are oftne wearing hoodies or caps - its difficult to catch them from the cctv footage.

I hope the police will be allowed to come down extremely hard on this kind of thing.
      Yeah, if something like that was tried on me I would probably react very violently...they'd find out just where a mobile phone can end up...
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

It is interesting how the Brits here appear to be defending the crackdown on the yobs, and even suggesting "self defense." In the companion thread about the woman who was arrested for confronting yobs vandalizing her property when the police didn't help, all the Apolyton Brits seemed in favor of locking this woman away for life.

Regardless, it looks like these yobs are way out of control and the normally staid Brits are nonplussed.
        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Perhaps because in one instance it's assault&battery whereas in the other instance it's not?
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

Perhaps because in one instance it's assault&battery whereas in the other instance it's not?
            R U saying that it OK for yobs to vandalize?
            http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

I'm saying that the woman's response in the other thread was not proportional to the threat posed by the group of youths.

Duh.
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Aren't you supposed to be a lawyer?
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Ned

R U saying that it OK for yobs to vandalize?
                  Use test-talk in this forum again and I'll hunt you down with a sharpened spoon.
                  The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Y worry? There B no spoon.

Sorry Laz, couldn't resist.
                    Long time member @ Apolyton
                    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                      It is interesting how the Brits here appear to be defending the crackdown on the yobs, and even suggesting "self defense."
                      You just attract the wrong crowd of Brits, Ned. You're a magnet for mouth-breathers and window-lickers. I'll be happy to redress the balance.

In the companion thread about the woman who was arrested for confronting yobs vandalizing her property when the police didn't help, all the Apolyton Brits seemed in favor of locking this woman away for life.

I think you'll find that's a flawed assumption on your part. Being in favour of prosecution does not necessarily equate to approval for imprisonment in that case.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                        Wots that Guv???

don'tstayin.com

funny how a website about clubbing gets used in the thread about yobs, i can assure you that the people in those pictures won't be attacking anyone
                        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                          I'm saying that the woman's response in the other thread was not proportional to the threat posed by the group of youths.

Duh.
                          It seems, though, that tens of thousands of her fellow country men disagreed with her arrest and prosecution. This tends to suggest that there is something wrong with a law that would allow this arrest and conviction in the first instance.

Comment

Tens of thousands in a country of 60 million is small beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp

Use test-talk in this forum again and I'll hunt you down with a sharpened spoon.
                              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Ned

It seems, though, that tens of thousands of her fellow country men disagreed with her arrest and prosecution. This tends to suggest that there is something wrong with a law that would allow this arrest and conviction in the first instance.
                                Worst argument ever.
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X