Anyone here live in LA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
    I was hopin San Diego, so I could hook up with Oerdin and go beer drinking with him.

You could go to the SD Polymeet.

Or, if you can't make it, we can do a SD mini-meet with just you, me, and Oerdin (since Diss can only get down here on Wednesdays and Thursdays)
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
      The reality is these guys can get someone local in LA who won't insist on money up front, relocation expenses, etc... Still, if you don't ask you don't get.
      Which is why I wondered why they bothered to contact me at all. There have got to be literally hundreds if not
      thousands of web designers in the LA metro area. Why pester one five thousand miles away? But hey, if you're willing to shell out $50 an hour, then you should be willing to come up with some up front costs.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Yeah, I saw video of that car thief getting shot but the cops seemed to follow procedures with this case. Now that unarmed black kid who got shot 100 times a few days ago did seem more then a bit excessive. Turned out to be mistaken identity as well.
        Are we thinking of the same shooting??? There was an incident of a pursuit following a gang shooting. It turns out the the guy being chased was not involved in the shooting, was unarmed but was high on crystal meth. The chase ended with the sheriffs firing 120 rounds at the SUV. The driver suffered one minor wound and a deputy was also hit.

che - rememeber rents in L.A. are very high. I don't know what you're paying now, but I'll be you end up paying twice that while you're in L.A.

Comment

If, Zrib, if. I don't consider this very likely, and I don't really want to come. That's why I can afford to be pissy with the recruiter, and demand they make it worth my time.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

Are we thinking of the same shooting??? There was an incident of a pursuit following a gang shooting. It turns out the the guy being chased was not involved in the shooting, was unarmed but was high on crystal meth. The chase ended with the sheriffs firing 120 rounds at the SUV. The driver suffered one minor wound and a deputy was also hit.

che - rememeber rents in L.A. are very high. I don't know what you're paying now, but I'll be you end up paying twice that while you're in L.A.
            120 shots and the driver was hit only once???? Sounds like the police need more time on the range.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

They also managed to hit a couple of fellow deputies, and sent some bullets into some homes nearby.

So yeah, in this particular case, they did a really bad job.
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

If only they had a missle launcher
                Monkey!!!

Comment

The one where the guy got killed seemed totally justified. He came out with a gun. They shot him (looked like they tried to wound him). When he was on the ground, he tried to reach for his gun again. They shot him again (looked like they tried for a kill shot).
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Yeah they did a good job in that case. That idiot almost ran over a bunch of people. He had just come from a home invasion and rape and was also a three strikes offender.

About 2 months ago I almost got sideswipped by some idiot flying down PCH. He flew by me and then came back towards our lane. He had 3 Sherrifs chasing him down, then he ran a red light and almost swerved up into the gas station, and almost hitting some cars.

It was just like you see it on tv.
                    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Did they shoot that piece of sh!t? [/LA lingo]

Comment

Actually Ecth

it would be "Day shot dat piece of sheit"
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

yeah, I was more trying to follow the words I learned in their movies, not the particular accent

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                            I never heard anything about the kid being high and I heard 100 rounds were fired at his stopped SUV while he was shot 4 times. It was in Compton, of course.

IF the LAPD is firing 100 rounds and only hit the target 4 times then they need more fire arms training.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
                              yeah, I was more trying to follow the words I learned in their movies, not the particular accent
                              That's more of a black south-central thing then a California thing.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

strange, t's white trash produced style from Quentin T movies set in LA

Comment

Working...
                                X