No announcement yet.

Anyone here live in LA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least I was able to pry from him that the job is in the South LA suburbs.

Likely meaning Compton or Torrance. The fact that he won't tell you is pretty much all you need to know about where the office is situated.

Comment

Bah, I can go to the beach next week. I have to go to the library and pick up a book anyway.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
        Pekka said that in north LA all girls are blond and have big boobs.
        in south LA there's, well he didn't say, but i imagine is bad.
        That's the west side: Santa Monica (Bay Watch), Brentwood, Malibu. There is no north LA. That would be the San Fernando Valley (Fez) and the San Gabriel Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
          There is no north LA. That would be the San Fernando Valley (Fez) and the San Gabriel Valley.
          So, what, all the guys have blond hair and big boobs?
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
            Pekka said that in north LA all girls are blond and have big boobs.
            in south LA there's, well he didn't say, but i imagine is bad.
            Black with big tits.
            South Central and Watts.

Comment

East Compton too.

Torrence, Gardena; asians with small tits.
              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                So, what, all the guys have blond hair and big boobs?
                No, that's West Hollywood.

Comment

South LA, eh, my bet is it's probably South Central.
                  Visit First Cultural Industries
                  There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                  Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Another person got shot today. This time the CHP had to take down some idiot who almost killed a bunch of people in a freeway chase. This video is pretty dramatic, and it also shows a shootout from 2 days ago:

The page you're trying to access could not be found or is no longer available.
                    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                      Barinthus posted a thread about 2 weeks ago, looking for a roommate.

He lives in Riverside. Depending on where your contract is, it could be an option.
                      Thanks for the mention

Mmm HTML programmer eh? My guess would be somewhere in the Valley... Van Nuys, Reseda, Chatsworth or even Canoga Park . If so, Northridge isn't that far off. 20 min tops.

NoHo, Burbank, Glendale, and Pasadena are possibilities. Anaheim I wonder???

Anyway in any event, you're welcome to rent out for the summer if you want. There's Metrolink access nearby if that option is feasible for you. If telecommute, you will be left alone no worries.

It's about one and half hour away from San Diego . Man, was just there, Oerdin got it really good - I'd love to live there myself.

Smog could be a problem but that's all over SoCal except for San Diego maybe.

I'm off to see Hitchhiker's Guide, can't wait!
                      Last edited by Barinthus; May 12, 2005, 23:53.
                      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                        Suburbs of LA?

Thank him for narrowing it down like that!
                        Yeah, the suburbs of LA now stretch all the way to San Bernadino County.

The reality is these guys can get someone local in LA who won't insist on money up front, relocation expenses, etc... Still, if you don't ask you don't get.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

San Diego

Comment

Another person got shot today. This time the CHP had to take down some idiot who almost killed a bunch of people in a freeway chase. This video is pretty dramatic, and it also shows a shootout from 2 days ago:

http://www.click2houston.com/news/4480916/detail.html
                            Yeah, I saw video of that car thief getting shot but the cops seemed to follow procedures with this case. Now that unarmed black kid who got shot 100 times a few days ago did seem more then a bit excessive. Turned out to be mistaken identity as well.

Comment

theres a gang war in LA right now between the blacks and the hispanics. thats what all the highway shootings have been.
                              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Yes, bleached hair and brest implants are indeed the standard in north LA.
                                Kind of disgusting, but preferable to bleached breasts and hair implants.
                                He's got the Midas touch.
                                But he touched it too much!
                                Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Working...
                                X