No announcement yet.

Anyone here live in LA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pekka said that in north LA all girls are blond and have big boobs.
    in south LA there's, well he didn't say, but i imagine is bad.

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
      Pekka said that in north LA all girls are blond and have big boobs.
      Excellent.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
        LoA?
        He's a Diego man like me. Same with Lonestar and Devil Munchkin (well, she's a Diego woman actually ).
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Excellent.
          Yes, bleached hair and brest implants are indeed the standard in north LA.

Comment

I was hopin San Diego, so I could hook up with Oerdin and go beer drinking with him.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
              Yes, bleached hair and brest implants are indeed the standard in north LA.
              Actually, it's the same here.

Comment

You'd be welcome.

Comment

And wine drinking and the contests to see who was the better cook. Life is definately good when you have epicurean friends.

Comment

Barinthus posted a thread about 2 weeks ago, looking for a roommate.

He lives in Riverside. Depending on where your contract is, it could be an option.
                    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I was hopin San Diego, so I could hook up with Oerdin and go beer drinking with him.
                      No big deal. SD is a couple of hours or so from LA (120 miles), so make a night of it and go.

Comment

Don't go to Inglewood.

Comment

All they'd tell me is the suburbs of LA.
                          Suburbs of LA?

Thank him for narrowing it down like that!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT

Suburbs of LA?

Thank him for narrowing it down like that!
                            Yeah, no sh*t.

Well, I got a gig, but I won't be starting until next Friday or the following Monday. I don't think it's gonna be very long. I just have to audit a website for accessibility, and it's only fifty pages so I don't see it taking very long. Their big problem is they use a lot of scripting and visual aids, so I need to come up with some ideas to make those accessable, which I already have.

$30/hour = $240 a day 3-4 days and I'll have enough to hop a plane to LA.

Now I have to call another recruiter.

Then I have to call the LA guys back.

Comment

God, what a bunch of jokers. "Oh, no, this will be very difficult, you see, because we won't have collected anything from the vender yet and you're already expecting to see some money"

Me: "Okay, well, I don't have the money to buy tickets or rent a car, so if you want me to fly to LA and drive to and from the work site, you're going to have to come up with some money. This is non-negotiable."

Well, blah blah, blah.

Dude, It's not negotiable. You're going to make a lot of money off of my work. You can front for the plane tickets and the car.

Plus they only pay monthly. This is the second Indian consulting firm I've worked with, and they are just as unprofessional and greedy as the first. I don't want to make any stereotypes, but damn.

At least I was able to pry from him that the job is in the South LA suburbs.

Comment

San Diego
                                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X