Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China vetoes sanctions on Dear Leader

Ouch!

"BEIJING, May 10 - China on Tuesday ruled out applying economic or political sanctions to pressure North Korea to abandon its nuclear weapons program, appearing to undercut a crucial element of the Bush administration's evolving North Korea strategy. The announcement comes just as American intelligence agencies are trying to determine whether North Korea is preparing for a nuclear test."

What next?
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Do the Chinese propose an alternate strategy in return?
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

No.
      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

I am almost willing to pull out of SK, Taiwan and Japan and let them figure this out for themselves.

Comment

I didn't know you were in them, Ned.

Damn, doing three at once? How'd you split your...? And put jimmy hats on all of them?

It's like you're some betentacled monster of their dreams!

( And, of course, this is China's doing, which is why you want to punish SK, Taiwan, and Japan. )

( And, of course, we don't exactly have a presence in Taiwan. )
          B♭3

Comment

Re: China vetoes sanctions on Dear Leader

Originally posted by Ned

What next?
            Revoke China's Most-favored-nation status and put a big tariff on thier textiles.

Comment

Re: Re: China vetoes sanctions on Dear Leader

Originally posted by Odin

Revoke China's Most-favored-nation status and put a big tariff on thier textiles.
              That's an odd way of phrasing "bow to your eastern masters"
              Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
              -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Re: Re: Re: China vetoes sanctions on Dear Leader

Originally posted by Starchild

That's an odd way of phrasing "bow to your eastern masters"
                whats your plan? Invade and make China the 51st state? Good luck.

Comment

I for one welcome our new Chinese overlords.

Comment

China scares me more than the psycho in NK.
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

They're infinitely more dangerous, but they're fortunately thousands times less crazy
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                        China scares me more than the psycho in NK.
                        In the long term.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: China vetoes sanctions on Dear Leader

whats your plan? Invade and make China the 51st state? Good luck.
                          My plan is to mostly post inane comments and wait out the end of the human era.
                          Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: China vetoes sanctions on Dear Leader

Originally posted by Starchild

My plan is to mostly post inane comments and wait out the end of the human era.
                            Hater of humanity!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: China vetoes sanctions on Dear Leader

Hater of humanity!
                              Nope. Just lover of what's next to come.
                              -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Working...
                              X