No announcement yet.

what we don't know about the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So has anyone seen any other reports on the new group of rodents in Laos? I'm a bit surprised that it hasn't been reported more widely.

Also, it seems they've found a new species of monkeys in Tanzania, BBC has an article on it.

Here's a picture of it, looks a bit leftist to me.
    Attached Files

Comment

That vampire fish sounds pretty cool.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

What we know about the world could fill an encyclopedia.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

any UK people been watching 'deep jungle' on itv recently (8pm tuesdays), the show last week focused on the brazil nut tree and the little eco system it whixh supports it. they explained why it can't be grown in places other than the rainforest.

it's all interesting stuff and great for people like me who know next to nothing about biology.
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
            So has anyone seen any other reports on the new group of rodents in Laos? I'm a bit surprised that it hasn't been reported more widely.
            Saw it on The Panda's Thumb
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
              The NYT ran an article at least. Probably others as well, try Googling "Laotian rock rat". The Wikipedia entry is fairly comprehensive.
              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
              X