No announcement yet.

The White House and Capitol are being evacuated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always been curious - what exactly happens to the warning shots (or any other misses in a combat situation)? Presumably they must eventually fall to earth - surely there must be some cases of people getting injured or killed by ordinance falling from thousands of feet.
    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

The real non-Event is here
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
        I've always been curious - what exactly happens to the warning shots (or any other misses in a combat situation)? Presumably they must eventually fall to earth - surely there must be some cases of people getting injured or killed by ordinance falling from thousands of feet.
        There are two possibilities:

- self destruction after a certain time in the air
        - little parachutes that allow the bullets to touch down safely and to be recycled for the next mission (same as with those boosters of the Space Shuttle)

Blah

Comment

Too bad the guys didn't take off an hour sooner, then I would've been able to duck a godawful subcommittee meeting this morning....

On a more serious note, being as it is that I work across the street from the White House, apparently the Secret Service was supposedly barring people from exiting the building Talk about a tightening of security!
          If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
            Lame attempt at making a funny joke.
            I wasn't joking.

Originally posted by Spiffor

Why do you want the death of so many clerks, secretaries or janitors?

Are they really innocent? Perhaps. But, like the workers in the death star, they must die for the greater good.
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd

I wasn't joking.

And now you're doing worse by joking about not joking.
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

You wouldn't know a joke if you made one yourself.
                Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

If it makes you feel better by posting such drivel, I guess more power to you.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                  X