No announcement yet.

Amazing Race Ends Next to Bunnygrrl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Their airfares are covered by the show, so they only needed to get enough money for cab fares. Still, the whole getting on the already departing plane thing was fishy. I'd say it had more to do with the presence of the cameras than anything else, just like the success in begging, like Che said.
    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Oh! I didn't know that about the airline tickets. That makes ALOT more sense! Ok, so the begging for money part isn't that fishy anymore.

But the fact remains that the plane was already delayed and the loading dock had been removed. Just having cameras present doesn't sound like a very good reason for what happened to happen.
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
        Their airfares are covered by the show, so they only needed to get enough money for cab fares. Still, the whole getting on the already departing plane thing was fishy. I'd say it had more to do with the presence of the cameras than anything else, just like the success in begging, like Che said.
        Begging for cash with cameras is no doubt easier, hence that was not what I found hard to believe. It was the plane incident that doesn't jibe. Did the pilot see the cameras through the closed ramp door?
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

He might have seen the ones at the gate, or the gate attendant might have told him it was (obviously) part of a show - they may well have even known which show. They didn't exactly air the dialogue between the gate attendant and the pilot, so we don't know exactly what happened. I'm obviously speculating, but it seems to make sense to me.
          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

What Kontiki said.

Any of the three teams would have been great tv. The POW (forget about the whiny pagent queen) would have just made America swoon. The plucky Black couple whose positive attitude and friendly spirit just made you want them to win. The winners of CBS's Survivor win again!!!!

Anyway you play it, the producers win.

On the other hand, it may well be that the producers had the flight delayed in order to have a race at the end for suspense, since being an hour behindd really seemed to hurt the last couple.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

We were rooting so hard for Uchenna and Joyce to win.

I was pretty much going to be happy so long as Ron & Kelly didn't win.

Comment

Haven't watched the finale yet on DVR. Haven't read a post in this thread, and won't. I don't want to spoil it. But I have to say this:

Uchenna & Joyce are the only decent couple left, and I'll be very sad if they don't win. I even had a dream last night (this is pathetic) where I watched them win, but then I was talking to my dad and he said "No, you must have been dreaming, because Rob and Amber won." I woke up very sad.

I think I need therapy.
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

You never watched The Amazing Race?
                  No. Is it a reality show?

Last time I watched a reality show, terrorists attacked the WTC, killing the winner on the very day he won.

Bad luck, I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                    I need therapy.
                    Hmm.. out of context, this could make a very good quote...
                    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                      Last time I watched a reality show, terrorists attacked the WTC, killing the winner on the very day he won.
                      Wha!?!
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Murder in Small Town X. Final episode was originally scheduled to run on September 11, 2001. The winner, NYC firefighter Angel Juarbe, was killed in the WTC attacks when Tower 2 collapsed.

However, since the show was such a total bomb, FOX ran the final episode back-to-back with the next-to-last episode, on September 4th. So Angel had a week to enjoy the fact that he won $250,000 and a Jeep Grand Cherokee (or whatever SUV/Truck that he won.)

Comment

Link. Of course he actually won earlier, but I was going by airdates in the above post.

Comment

I think nice couple won.. I like them because they were nice to everyone. They stayed to beg for money to pay the cab dude instead of just saying screw it let's run and win million dollars. Had they stayed begging if rob and amber had come there and they saw them approaching, nwo that's the real question .

But all in all, they stayed nice and positive throughout the race, so.. I've said it before, in amazing race you win with positive attitude, it doesn't help any to yell the cab driver to hurry up every 5 minutes and say 'we have a bad driver' right next to him on TV. Doesn't help any.

Then again it was pretty stupid that the plane actually rolled back in to get the winning team in, would never happen in real life, so the cameras did the work.

However, it's ok, rob and amber had a million already, and nice couple won a million so it all went nice.

And I'm glad to see Miami still looks nice even though che is trying to make it super poor ghetto with his commie ideas.
                            In da butt.
                            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I remember that show too, JohnT. It's so sad that it did so terrible in the ratings, not only because Angel didn't get the send-off he deserved, but also because the show was incredibly awesome and original in its own right. I wish they'd resurrect it for FX or something, but no...

Incidentally, if you watched the current season of The Apprentice earlier this year, you probably recognized another familiar face from MiSTX - Kristen, who played the role of "The Annoying ***** Detective Who Just Wouldn't Die" (seriously, she survived the killer's game like five times in a row or something...)
                              CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                              Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                              Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                              Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

WOOOHOOO UCHENNA & JOYCE!!!

I'm so happy.

That was a nail-biter. But thank that AA pilot for letting them on the earlier flight to Miami--that's what saved them. And after being zeroed out on cash from the previous pit stop, too!

Awesome. Suck it, Rob & Amber! HAH!
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X