Google Scholar gains access to 100+ University libraries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Scholar gains access to 100+ University libraries

Google Scholar just got better. It now has access to the library information/subscriptions from 100+ universities, including the UofC.

Just click the Scholar Preferences link and add in your college or university, if it's supported.

Unfortunately, lesser universities like Toronto, Waterloo, etc. don't seem to be supported yet.

Only add universities you have access to...like for Calgary's stuff, you need to enter your library ID and PIN to gain access to any materials that are in the "UofC Access" category of the Google Scholar results.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Oh, so it's not an attempt to expand the access for everyone to the wealth of Human knowledge they have, it's just to make it easier for those who already have that access. Bah.
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
      Oh, so it's not an attempt to expand the access for everyone to the wealth of Human knowledge they have, it's just to make it easier for those who already have that access. Bah.
      The schools paid lots of money for the journal subscriptions and books they have.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

What kind of university doesn't already have their own searchable library database online? Why rely on Google?
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
          What kind of university doesn't already have their own searchable library database online? Why rely on Google?
          Who said they rely on them?

It supplements it -- now you only need to search in one place.

Comment

As for searching Journals and Conferences there is also DBLP: http://dblp.uni-trier.de/

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Who said they rely on them?

It supplements it -- now you only need to search in one place.

wow . . . . . .

my testosterone is going up thinking about this
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

What kind of university doesn't already have their own searchable library database online?
                At least at my university it was easy to search for books, but there wasn't one centralized search for all the journal articles available to students (and only those journal articles available). This would've been a great thing to have when I was a student.
                Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

This is useless for me.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Yes, it's for scholars. As the name implies.

Comment

One of the rules of Apolyton is that if it has no relevance with Che's interests, then the thread is not allowed.
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

The University of Pittsburgh already has a centralized search for all library materials, so this is pretty useless for me too.
                        "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
                          The University of Pittsburgh already has a centralized search for all library materials, so this is pretty useless for me too.
                          Does it actually search all of the subscriptions to journals?

And even if it does, it's still restrictive. Google Scholar is still Google Scholar, it just includes your school's resources in the ranked results it returns...

The stuff from your school's library may not be the most relevant to your search.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                            Yes, it's for scholars. As the name implies.
                            I'm a scholar, I just can't use it.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                              I'm a scholar, I just can't use it.
                              Of course you are.

Comment

Working...
                              X