Euro Flophouses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euro Flophouses

As some of you know, Ill be studying abroad next year in Europe. Im planning on visiting many cities in between studying (ha ha) Places include Paris, London, Bordeaux, Basque country, Stuttgart/Munich, barcelona. I was wondering if any of you euros know any cheap places to sleep and eat (ill be seeing friends in some of these places, but not all, espcially in Germany because im hunting for world cup tix) thanks guys.
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

In Schwiennfurt (pig town), should you be so unlucky to wash up there, look up a place called the Koenig. Real dump, real cheap.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

cheap places to eat and sleep + europe? does not compute...
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

if you want to visit those cities only for a few days, try a youth hostel. it is payable... outside of scandinavia that is
        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Stuttgart is ugly. Unless you want to meet someone there, you really shouldn't visit it. There are many nicer places in Germany.

Comment

They have Niketown in Berlin. And McDonalds. I recommend you this tour. The tour of the 'how many things I can spot here that I have right here back home' tour. We end the tour with singing familiar songs, meeting fellow citizens in foreign country, and then have nostalgia nights and have pub quiz, about our own culture.

Should be fun.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

I have a spare room in London. Of course, it will cost
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

you'd want me there to do some naked cleaning, wouldn't you, you pervert....
                In da butt.

Comment

except it woudln't be a flophouse anymore after that...
                  In da butt.

Comment

1) You can clean my place as much as you like, but fully clothed

2) Just a smallhouse
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

No just a big rock hard opera house, with read seats.

And I know you want me to clean naked so you just might as well admit it.
                      In da butt.

Comment

stuttgart is hosting world cup games thats why its possible that i could be there, and i would want to minimize the costs
                        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Check out all the main hostel websites, including hostelworld.com and hostels.com. Having lived in Barcelona, I suggest you find a hostel off the Ramblas a bit if you want to avoid all the riff-raff. Also book early because all the Brits, Aussies, Kiwis and others fill up the downtown hostels.

Also in Spain look for pensiones in addition to regular hostels. Pensiones are about the equivelent of flop houses.

Edit:

Sitges is also a nice little resort town about 40 minutes by train from Barcelona. I don't know which way your door swings, but if you're gay, that's a nice place to go.
                          Last edited by Timexwatch; May 9, 2005, 21:38.
                          If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

lancer, Koenig means King. aaaah the irony!

Comment

Re: Euro Flophouses

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                              Stuttgart
                              Welcome
                              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                              X