Dangit! I want steak!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
    I have an oven. What do I need a poor man's oven for?
    Ovens are harder to clean. Oh, and they take too much time to preheat. And broilers suck.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Cheaps steaks are usually tough, and need to be slow cooked in liquid (i.e. braised) in order to liqify the collegen and make the steak tender enough to eat.

I have four whole chicken legs sitting on my stove right now, resting after being cooked. I think I might eat one, not sure. I just wanted to cook them so they wouldn't go bad. I think I'll just split one with the wife.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        Ovens are harder to clean. Oh, and they take too much time to preheat. And broilers suck.
        Steak and chops are best broiled (depending on the cuts).
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

All you really need is a grate, a few rocks to sit it on and some wood to cook over. That's what we do at the beach in the Phils except we use dried coconut husks that they call coconut coal.

If you lack a grate just shove a stick through it.
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Dude, that sounds like heaven.

Comment

"Dude, that sounds like heaven."

It feels like home.

Comment

We bought fish right off one of their small fishing boats called 'bunka' and cooked em up right on the spot.

Bunkas are little one or two man boats that they take out for days at times.

Comment

I'm easy. I don't care about steak too much. I just grill up hamburgers.
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                  X