No announcement yet.

Dangit! I want steak!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

beef has never been my favourite meat. It always has too much fat, and is tough to chew.

You guys don't know how tough it is to chew, until you've eaten low quality beef in the navy. a lot of times I'd just make a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich instead of eating something with beef in it. Normally I prefer chicken. But I should note that chicken in the navy was pretty scary as well.

I don't miss the food at all. But in civilian life I do prefer chicken. though I should mention that at least in civilian life I have the option of choosing how to cook the steak, where as I did not have this option when I was a kid (my parents cooked it) or in the navy. For 26 years I've been eating crappy overdone steak. But when I do eat steak now, I order it medium rare. It at least makes it edible.

Comment

being vegetarian sucks
      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Hum, they say you live 5 years longer if you watch what you eat. This is untrue, your time just seems so much longer.
        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Diss, KFC has a $9.99 bucket deal with chicken pieces, strips and popcorn chicken.
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
            Just had a 16 ounce Rib Eye at Mortons for lunch....

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
            and 16 oz is way too big for a steak. no one needs that much meat.

Comment

Blood thirsty communist.
              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                and 16 oz is way too big for a steak. no one needs that much meat.
                Speak for yourself... It was a wonderful dining experience, and I ate every last bit of it... While you may not technically NEED that much meet to survive, why should food only be based on minimum level of basic requirements. I try to enjoy life... not just survive
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Speak for yourself... It was a wonderful dining experience, and I ate every last bit of it... While you may not technically NEED that much meet to survive, why should food only be based on minimum level of basic requirements. I try to enjoy life... not just survive
                  Ah, the diet of the MidWest

I'm surprised you didn't put it on a stick, bread it, deep fry it, and dip it in cheese!
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

I'm surprised you didn't put it on a stick, bread it, deep fry it, and dip it in cheese!

Way to ruin a perfectly good piece of meat. I can almost eat raw meat. MMMMMMmmmmm. I like it red. Red meat good. :drool:
                    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Ruth's Chris 40oz Porterhouse
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

"Blood thirsty communist."

"Red meat "

Long time member @ Apolyton
                        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Ruth's Chris 40oz Porterhouse
                          clearly, that picture is not to scale
                          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I is off in 10 minutes to get some steak and potatoes, and enjoy them in my glorious comminess.
                            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Don't mistake the South for the Midwest. Midwesterners know how to enjoy good beef, especially Chicagoans.
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

We've got a freezer full of antelope & elk steaks

Free meat

Comment

Working...
                                X