Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could be one person in history (or present day) who would you be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could be one person in history (or present day) who would you be?

of course if you were that person, their life would take a dramatic turn (probably for the worse ). But this is just a hypothetical that you could achieve the same measure of success as they had.

So who would it be? Einstein? Hitler? Lenin? Stalin? Wilt Chamberlain? John Holmes.

for myself, hmm. This is a tough one.

Wilt Chamberlain had the best basketball scoring record and the best women scoring record, but will he be remembered in 40 or 50 years?

I'll go with Einstein for my pick. And Einstein did get it on with the ladies as well.

Comment

TOO many to pick!!

Wilt Chamberlain would be a good one though.
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

DAVOUT, of course.
        Statistical anomaly.
        The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Bill Gates... money, money, money.... MON-ey!
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'd pick one of the later Apollo astronauts to land on the Moon and stay there for a relatively extended period of time, compared to Armstrong and Aldrin.

I'd probably want to be John W. Young, who only recently retired from NASA, having dedicated his entire adult life to space flight. He travelled into space a total of 6 times; he flew twice on Gemini in the mid-60's, twice on Apollo, Apollo X and XVI, and twice on the Space Shuttle, including the very first flight back in 1981.

What an exciting life this man must have had. Yes, I'd like to be him.

Comment

Chiune Sugihara.
              I'd've kept writing...
              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
                Yeltsin.
                I would kill myself.
                If you ignore the fact that he led Russia into a period of anarchy and international ridicule, where capitalists and maffiosi had godlike power thanks to the greatness of corruption, and the massive impoverishment of the Russians, what exactly is wrong with Yeltsin?
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                  Chiune Sugihara.
                  I'd've kept writing...
                  There's a street in Vilnius named after him
                  Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                  Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                  Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

MING......so that i can ban everone that i dont like
                    Bunnies!
                    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Originally posted by Saras

There's a street in Vilnius named after him
                      Being a national hero in three seperate countries.

(Lithuania, Israel, and his native Japan)
                      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

[obligatory]

god
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Jesus, so I'd prevent being used to justify the horror comitted in my name.

Comment

now this is the difference between Poly and normal guys. They all think about history and science 'hmm who would I want to be!'

The only REAL answer is HUGH HEFNER!
                            In da butt.
                            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
                              Jesus, so I'd prevent being used to justify the horror comitted in my name.
                              how would you do that?

I suppose you could just sit around all day and drink beer (ale) instead of healing people or whatever he did (I don't really know what Jesus did in real life ).

although imagine how much cooler it would be if we had the 10 commandments based off of drinking beer instead of that other crap.

Comment

Working...
                              X