Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An interesting site on the role of France in the Ivory Coast...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh but this is stupid. You could never compare Iraq and Ivory Coast. What a stupid comparison. War = War!11 hey it's the same every time!

FFL has been in there doing a great job, making decent kills all the time. There have been some rebel activity for some time now, and it was starting to look like a serious matter when they were advancing, even though they were not professional and just wild youngsters mostly, they were becoming a serious freaking risk.

FFL came in, took the positions, kicked ass and now secures some areas. FFL is very pro, if I had to trust my city to someone, I'd trust it to FFL and no one else first. But they are pro soldiers, so, they are not going to lose the pig hitting contest if there will be one. It's just a fact.

You kill 9 peacekeepers, and the FFL happens to be there, you'll be in deep **** soon. That's the government decision, who controls FFL. If they keep them in there, in peacekeeping duties, **** might happen. You don't go and send your spearhead to peacekeeping missions, who are in the state of ready 24/7 to go anywhere in the world and kick ass against anyone. Throw them in peacekeeping mission, then have someone kill some peacekeepers, you're bound to have problems. They are a fighting machine, not a paper pushing machine.

But of course this is not the only mission they are on right now, just one of them. And FFL has experience in Africa and conflicts in Africa, so I doubt they will be changed there.

But I wouldn't be worried about it, they are not wild cowboys. Extremely professional, but with action seeking brains. Meaning, if there's a reason to act, they will. If a rebel gives them a reason to start shooting, they will. And rather than thinking there's now hundreds of dudes, prolly on drugs, former murderers and criminals, coming to kill people where ever they are, being unprofessional and not saluting anyone, you couldn't be much more wrong. Rather think about the most professional striking force in the world and you come close. Yes, and professional and sophisticated striking force. They train the most and they're hardcore badasses.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

to thread topic and spiffors 1. 2. 3. post
      Bunnies!
      Welcome to the DBTSverse!
      God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
      'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

I always conquer IC in Eu2, since there's a trade center
        Blah

Comment

You know all those women who say they'd kill for chocolate? See . . . SEE!
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
            Spif, thanks for the excellent explanation

Why would the left wing Monde Diplo be so openly critical?
            Because leftist != French supporter.
            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Zen

Oh cut the crap.

Let's see...

1) Righties need to justify the wars they support.

2) Righties hate France.

3) Righties see France does the same crap US does when it suits them

4) Righties b*tch about France expecting lefties to defend France

5) Righties claim how can lefties defend France yet condemn US? What hypocrites!

I can't count how many times this argumentative process has happened. However this time it ended like this:

6) Lefties do not defend France, righties get pre-empted by accusations of hypocrecy instead.

replace France with Clinton and US with Bush and its the exact same thing. Same horse being beat. Get it now?

This should explain to Lancer why some of us are not taking the original topic of the thread seriously.
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
              X