TheFacebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheFacebook

Anyone else on it? I think it's pretty cool. Especially how you find people form high school.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

TheFacebook takes over ones life, and one finds oneself joining groups like "Group for Those who think that Facebook Groups are for Elitist Pigs that Can't Stand on Their Own."

It also, needless to say, performs an invaluable tool as stalking-for-dummies aide.
    "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

Hmm. Wonder if anybody from my undergrad is on there.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

what the hell is it?

Comment

It's a social networking thing, specific to a certain school: http://www.thefacebook.com/index.php?showall=1

My school's, for instance: http://calgary.collegefacebook.com/
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I found out that one of my best friends from grade school in Wisconsin who I haven't talked to in years goes to Northeastern, and we went out for coffee the other day.

Facebook is
            "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
            ^ The Poly equivalent of:
            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Hmm. I signed up last night, but my registration email has not yet arrived.
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

It also, needless to say, performs an invaluable tool as stalking-for-dummies aide.
                I wonder how many RL-problems this causes...

Comment

I'm on it, but I don't really ever use it.
                  B♭3

Comment

Managed to get logged on finally. Found a few people I know on it. Checked up on my students. Interesting to find out something about the personal lives of people you only see in class.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by VJ

I wonder how many RL-problems this causes...
                      I actually find it quite interesting. At my college, it is basically universal, with the effect that it adds another level to social interactions. For instance, the adding of someone to your friends becomes a step, with there being times that it is imperative that you add the person, or unacceptable.

It is also a nice political tool, and we use it when trying to find people who might be interested in lobbying, or some conference, or the like.
                      "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

FACEBOOK BLOWS ITS THE LATEST FASHION TREND EVERYONE GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE THE BIGGEST LOOOOOSERS ARE THOSE WITH THE MOST FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK

and yes, i do use the facebook.
                        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Working...
                        X