Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucas: not interested in making blockbuster movies

I tell you, money doesn't matter, it is all about the story. Read here:

The PG-13 rating carries the alert "parents strongly cautioned" that some material could be inappropriate for those younger than 13.

"We're getting a lot of flak from parents, a lot of people saying how can you do this? My children love these movies. Why can you not let them go see it?" Lucas told The Associated Press in a recent interview. "But I have to tell a story. I'm not making these, oddly enough, to be giant, successful blockbusters. I'm making them because I'm telling a story, and I have to tell the story I intended."
    I think it was all about the story in the previous episodes as well, we just didn't realize it.
    Blah

urgh.NSFW

Comment

well he only has himself to blame, after talking with Speilburg before the making of Return of the Jedi, the rot had already set in.
      So in a way those parents are right - Lucas should stick to making kids star wars movies, you cant go back to the Empire strikes back after ja ja bl**dy binks
      'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Episode three with be shown in indie film screenings across the nation.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

It will also be filmed in black/white
          Blah

Comment

Maybe jar jar binks get rolled over by some heavy armour and that's why it get that rating
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

It will also be filmed in black/white

With a camcorder.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

George Lucas has averaged a quarter-billion in income per year since the re-release of Star Wars back in 1997. He and about 15-20 other "artists" of various stripes make CEOs look almost impoverished.

That's two billion dollars in income (which does not include asset appreciation.)

One of life's little lessons: when they say "It's not about the money", it's about the money.

Comment

If I had made 2 bil in income I would have made the R rated episode 3
                  Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

What, with an 'explicit' sex scene between Anakin and Padme?
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.â€
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

God, Star Wars is so f*cking bad, what is wrong with you people.

The story line is weak, the acting is terrible, and the special effects are overdone.

It may've been impressive in '77, but it's weak now.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Asher makes teh sense!

Comment

If I had made 2 bil in income I would have made the R rated episode 3

R rated? heck, I'd make it X rated!
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

I'd want to act in the role of Anakin in the X-rated version

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                              God, Star Wars is so f*cking bad, what is wrong with you people.

The story line is weak, the acting is terrible, and the special effects are overdone.

It may've been impressive in '77, but it's weak now.
                              BLASPHEMER!! stone him........using force push or something

well i still love the first two films as much as i ever did - even after all this time and countless re-watches
                              'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Working...
                              X