Zen Micro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zen Micro?

I'm about to return a Sony NW E407 because I'm absolutely hating the fact that I can't drag and drop songs onto it and the stupid software that sony sends with it. For only £8 more than I paid for the sony, Amazon is selling Zen 5gig Micros.

Opinions on the Zen? The reviews on amazon seem a bit....err...mixed.
    Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
    -Richard Dawkins

i think they are good, but i recommend the iRiver H10. I think the controls are better...
    "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

The touchpad, even on 'Low', is slightly too sensitive but otherwise I'm loving mine.
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Zen Micro > iPod Mini

Not only in technical specs, but aesthetics and design.

The soft pulsing of the blue border is enough on its own.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

The reviews on Amazon are worthless. Google "Zen micro review" instead. They also have a fairly good review on Tom's hardware. The Zen micro looks good, and I almost bought one. But the iPod mini's are cheaper right now. For the same price as a 5 GB Zen micro, you can get 6 GB iPod Mini. Plus I prefer the iPod's interface, its more intuitive. It takes a while to get used to the Zen's touchpad. I chose a 4 GB iPod mini basically because it was 80 $ cheaper than the 5 GB Zen. For that price, I'll get myself a decent pair of headphones. Still waiting for them...
          Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

I'm tempted by the Archos Gmini XS200... similar in size and price to the Zen Micro, iPod Mini, and iRiver H10, but this player has 20 GB storage capacity instead of 4/5/6 GB. Reviews are positive on its audio playing qualities; it lacks additional functions (such as voice recording, image viewing, radio et cetera) but those aren't crucial.

Comment

Working...
            X