Truth for Youth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Brother Todd,
    The last time you were at our church you gave us Truth For Youth Bibles to pass out at school. I gave one to a friend that I knew was not saved. He never lets me talk to him about the Lord, but when I gave him a Truth For Youth Bible he immediately sat down and read it four times from cover to cover. He called me at home and said this Bible opened his eyes and he couldn’t go any further without giving his life to Jesus Christ. He got saved right then and there. Thank You for The Truth For Youth Bible.

Sincerely, Josh McMillan
    If only I could be saved...
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Clearly you just need a Truth for Youth Bible. Don't give up! Salvation is possible!
      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

..........................and you need to stop being a perv. I'd recommend that you immediately establish a meaningful relationship with a wholesome girl, preferably one with big hair named "Tammy".
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

If that guy was listening to Spice Girls he can't be saved even with our magnificent lord oh Jesus Christ.

Why does stupidity and christianity seem to go hand in hand?

Comment

Well, you need to be pretty naive or stupid to believe the crap they throw at you.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Flip McWho
              Why does stupidity and christianity seem to go hand in hand?
              Its not really that. The strength of a person's faith is often inversely proportional to their open mindedness.
              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
              2004 Presidential Candidate
              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat

Interestingly, there's not a single Bible cite in that comic which even suggests that homosexual behaviour is wrong. It just assumes that homosexuality is a sin and tries to argue how we should behave given such an assumption.

"And man shall not lie down with man as he does with woman, it is abomination" in a collum devoted to various abominations. There really is no debate on what the text says, now what we should do about what it says, is different.

Comment

Actually Vesayen, there are theologians and scholars who do not take the actual words at face value, and try to look at what the less obvious, underlying meaning existed behind those words when it was written thousands of years ago.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I did not say that lol. You don't see me saying we should put homosexuals to death, do you?

Most rabis I know will VERY hesitantly say it is a sin and would much rather not talk about the subject, at all. I've never, in my life seen a Rabi speak out against homosexuallity. It's on the books but we'd rather just forget about it.... it IS a problem we can forget about.

Regardless of the interpretation however the rule IS in the books.

What is said is VERY clear, there really is no legitimate way to interpret it for anything besides its obvious meaning.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen
                      I did not say that lol. You don't see me saying we should put homosexuals to death, do you?

And I was not thinking that you agreed with that passage of the Bible. I was just concerned with you taking text at face value.
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                      X