No announcement yet.

Hey, what's up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday I quit the only job I've ever actually enjoyed.

Well, not so much quit, as transfer divisions, which takes me across the city with new co-workers and adversaries and new clientele.

The usual reasons: fame, fortune, glory etc.

I represented juveniles in delinquency actions. Oddly, I had my last bench trial on my last court day Thursday, and won it (a vast rarity, my win % was ~30%) My client, who was going to go to the department of corrections, hugged me (gross!) and told me "Man, you oughta be a real lawyer!"

So I took his advice. Sorta. Now I'll represent adults. My goal is to have a murder jury trial in two years.

Comment

Way to go Sleepy. I now know who to call if I run into any problems on your side of the pond...
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Re: Re: Hey, what's up?

Originally posted by Lonestar
        Well, we happened upon a dhow (If by "Happened upon" we mean "looked for it") that was smuggling three tons of Hashish in it's freshwater tanks. One of the "simple fishermen" turned out to be the brother of a promienent Iraqi insurgent. Basically, we took the drugs,
        Dude, I was waiting for that!!!!
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I was wondering how long it would take for one of you long-hairs to jump on that.
          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Way to deplete the AECCP's financial resources.
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

AC is on, cold is gone, scabs are being picked at and engaging in very light spamming.
              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

TMI
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Which part?

Comment

Scabs.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Pfff, just minor cuts on my arms.

Comment

No, I meant the light spamming.

Comment

Oh, sorry.

Comment

You should be.

Comment

So I should go with moderate spamming instead?

Comment

Moderate to heavy

Comment

Working...
                                X