i know now what i must do,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i know now what i must do,

and the more i think about this, the more ideas i get and want to use. so as a last resort to hopefully settle my restless mind on this subject, i ask for your advice apolyton.

i am going to ask my girlfriend to marry me.

at first i wanted to doso in front of friends and family, but that would add undue pressure. then i wanted something private and just me and her, traditional style. then i thought of the trick presentation of the ring option, and now i'm all sorts of confused.

help me.
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

damn where did you get that ring?....but i would say go for the traditional on one knees do you want to marry me with ring in one hand thingy
    Bunnies!
    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Good luck mate!!

EDIT: Keep it simple, real life is not a tv show...
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

oh yes and ofcourse good luck
        Bunnies!
        God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR

Comment

ebay, actually. it's a modest tenth of a carat for the diamond, but i like style of the ring. it's a vintage piece from the forties in fourteen karat white gold.

Comment

oh so the diamond is inlarged? i though this was true size ...pretty nice ring:

but ok again the advice:

dont do the infront of a lot of people thing...like you said pressure

surprise with putting ring somewhere always fun but a bit overdone in like every movie there is

the traditional way of proposing makes you look mature and she might forget about you being on poly that much and loving civ when she is thinking of an answer
            Bunnies!

Comment

actually, my poly and civ habit is negligible when compared to my wargaming habit. i'm more waiting for some of the married codgers to relate some anecdotes, though.

Comment

I just did a very simple proposal, but timed it so that we were in Bermuda and I scoped out a really romantic spot to do it before hand. I didn't get down on one knee, and certainly didn't do it in front of anyone else, but that's just us - neither of us would have gone for some cheesy public proposal.

Good luck!
                "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

I thought you knew better, sb

Comment

you two haven't been together all that long have you?

anyway,

if it's right it's right
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Put the ring on, turn invisible, and then take it off and propose! Her acceptance will save you from Sauron's dark power!
                      Seriously, just ask her on her own. If she's from "that kind" of culture, then ask her father/parents first, but don't ask her while they're present. And good luck!

Comment

I agree with duke, keep it private

what if she says no? the you'll be all embaressed and we'd laugh at you twice as much
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

it's been a year, japher. hard to believe that it's only been a year, and yet it seems like we've always been together. her parent's blessings don't reall factor into this. she doesn't really like them, and is the black sheep of the family.

Comment

Do it in private, don't put pressure on her or risk public humiliation.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Do it in front of one of those big TVs at the mall, you know the one with the camera showing people walking by... Anyway, position yourself and your gf so you both fill the screen. Get down on one knee and present the ring...ask for her hand.

If she laughs in your face and rejects you, ripping out your heart and dashing it to the ground, stomping it with great glee, just point at the camera and say, "honey, you've been PUNKED!"

Works everytime.
                              Long time member @ Apolyton
                              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
                              X