Your Earliest Memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VJ
    I started fully become aware of my own consciousness at the age of 6.
    I did that much earlier but I considered it a curse. Becoming aware in the 60's as a kid was like waking up in hell.
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

My earliest memories are being in the crib.
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

What crib you from? The Bronx?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

My first memory was God breathing life into me the moment I was conceived.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.â€
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
            My first memory was God breathing life into me the moment I was conceived.
            I see. Now we are trying to out do each other.
            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
              What crib you from? The Bronx?
              Brooklyn

REPRESENT
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278

I see. Now we are trying to out do each other.
                My first memory is the warmth of the Fires of Creation and having the newly born stars sing me to sleep while aeons of mortal time passed unknown.
                Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                -Richard Dawkins

Comment

I remember Cthulhu and the other Great Elder Gods ruling the young universe.

Comment

Foolish mortal! Even the Great Cthulhu is but a cousin and distant second to the might of the Great Old Ones who walked among the stars like they were grains of sand.
                    Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                    -Richard Dawkins

Comment

I have two or three possible ones. I don't remember which was earliest but they all occured around the time I was 3/4.

I was sitting in a trolley at Waitrose protesting at getting slightly bruised bananas, and my mum told me they were just sugar that was injected into them because they knew I was coming.

I remember counting to 200 in pre-school because I saw 200 on a stereo and got bored

I remember driving over some bark on a purple tricylce at the same pre-school.

In fact before all that I remember somewhat sucking paint up a straw in pre-school when we were trying to make bubble patterns with paint.

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
                        Foolish mortal! Even the Great Cthulhu is but a cousin and distant second to the might of the Great Old Ones who walked among the stars like they were grains of sand.
                        Guess I can't argue that point with someone named Starchild.

Comment

I remember the night that I was removed from the toddler bed to a full-fledged big boy bed. I was probably 3.
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                            My earliest memories are being in the crib.
                            That reminds me of another memory, from when I was 2-2.5. I woke up in my crib and had to pee. I made some noise and waited for my mother to come and take me to the bathroom, but she didn't hear me. So I peed the bed instead. It was warm and pleasant for a while, then when it started to get cold I called out again.

Another time I was being potty trained and was set in the bathroom to pee. My mother was busy and set me in front of the toilet, shut the door and went on her way. I pulled my little shorts down and started peeing. I really had to go and the pressure shot my pee out on the toilet seat. Gee, this was fun! I peed all over the toilet and the wall behind it. She popped in to check on me just as I finished, and was furious. That's when I learned that it's hard to protect yourself from a spanking when your shorts are around your knees.
                            He's got the Midas touch.
                            But he touched it too much!
                            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

I have trouble knowing which of my early memories is the first one, and which have been fabricated after the fact.

Most of my early memories occur at Kindergarten. The most precise one is that of a guy that I couldn't stand, because he always said "no"
                              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander

That reminds me of another memory, from when I was 2-2.5. I woke up in my crib and had to pee. I made some noise and waited for my mother to come and take me to the bathroom, but she didn't hear me. So I peed the bed instead. It was warm and pleasant for a while, then when it started to get cold I called out again.

Another time I was being potty trained and was set in the bathroom to pee. My mother was busy and set me in front of the toilet, shut the door and went on her way. I pulled my little shorts down and started peeing. I really had to go and the pressure shot my pee out on the toilet seat. Gee, this was fun! I peed all over the toilet and the wall behind it. She popped in to check on me just as I finished, and was furious. That's when I learned that it's hard to protect yourself from a spanking when your shorts are around your knees.

Your memory just triggered flashbacks to:

1) Moms taking me to some friend's house to visit, where I puked all over their bathroom!

2) The first time I was able to take a dump without the training toilet, so I raced down to tell my Pops, who was busy discussing some pipes with the plumber

Comment

Working...
                                X