No announcement yet.

If GWB was pres in JFK's time then Cuba would be the other half of Jamaica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"These are not attributes valued by the left, who prefer bold rhetoric and meek actions."

We all know that what we really needed was a few hundred more security council resolutions. Saddam would have been severely bored by lots and lots of irresolute resolutions.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
      "Regardless of what Che says, I have many times heard the Clinton tape where he says he was offered OBL."

Ned, that's true. However consider...he's not really a reliable source.
      I wonder why Clinton said it then? He is not a team player when everyone else on his team denies what he admits.
      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
        Regardless of what Che says, I have many times heard the Clinton tape where he says he was offered OBL.
        So he was wrong. The United States was never offered OBL. The offer was to hand over OBL to Saudi Arabia in 1996 in exchange for taking the genocidal, mass murdering, terrorism exporting Sudanese government off the list of terrorism sponsoring countries. Saudi Arabia refused to take custody of him, so even if the U.S. wanted to accept, which would have been a terrible decision, it made no difference.

At this time, bin Laden was a relatively minor figure in the terrorism world. We were after bigger fish, like Ramsey Yusef, the guy who made the orginal plans to fly airliners into buildings. Bin Laden was a shadowy figure possibly behind the Khobar Towers bombing in Arabia. He wasn't very important until two years later, with the embassy bombings.

So yet again, the facts are against you, Ned.

BTW, we got Ramsey Yusef in prison.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

"These are not attributes valued by the left, who prefer bold rhetoric and meek actions."

We all know that what we really needed was a few hundred more security council resolutions. Saddam would have been severely bored by lots and lots of irresolute resolutions.
          I assure you, that is what the left "really" wanted. A lot of bluster from the UN, but no serious consequences.

Looking back, after that great inauguration speech, Kennedy's actions at the Bay of Pigs was totally inexplicable. He even admits that he failed and that his failure led to the commies becoming aggressive across the world. The Berlin Wall and Vietnam are direct consequences of the Bay of Pigs.
          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

"I wonder why Clinton said it then? He is not a team player when everyone else on his team denies what he admits."

Ned, best I can figure is that he forgot what he wasn't supposed to know and therefore didn't have a full knowledge of what didn't happen, which he needed in order cover his ass.

Comment

Che, I know you think that this is what happened, but it conflicts with what Clinton said.

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                Che, I know you think that this is what happened, but it conflicts with what Clinton said.
                So what? The facts disagree with him.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

So what? The facts disagree with him.
                  I don't remember the details, but the Sudanese put a price on the offer that Clinton found unacceptable. I think it had something to do with dropping sanctions.

Comment

You don't even read what I write if it's longer than a single line, do you?

Comment

Back to the thread title... You have any idea what Jamaica is like outside the tourist ghetto's?
                      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                      And notifying the next of kin
                      Once again...

Comment

"So what? The facts disagree with him."

Right! This has never slowed down the left before.

Comment

"So what? The facts disagree with him."

Right! This has never slowed down the left before.
                          Actually, it does. The right is the side that, when confronted with the facts, tends to go on about they own fantasy version of events.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                            You don't even read what I write if it's longer than a single line, do you?
                            I'm sorry, Che, but you are right. They wanted to be taken off the terrorism list. But the original offer was to hand OBL over to US with that condition attached. Clinton then urged Sudan to hand him over to the Saudi's, no conditions attached. IIRC, Clinton said that Saudi Arabia did not want him.

Comment

"Actually, it does. The right is the side that, when confronted with the facts, tends to go on about they own fantasy version of events."

Not really.

Comment

At least, we whitewashed Sudan of all its crimes in exchange of a terrorist that looked relatively harmless
                                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                                X