• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MST3k

is da bomb

Greatest. Show. Ever.

Joel

Mike
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

is it on tv anymore? I'd like to watch it, but I have no idea if it's on tv.

Comment

No. Sci-Fi cancelled their reruns last year, and they hadn't made any new shows for a couple of years before that.
        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

I watched MST3k: The Movie yesterday.

I'm currently watching "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians"

Comment

MST3K is so last century.
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
              yeah but some of us misseed good things last century because we were drinking too much.

And for some years I didn't even have a tv. I missed shows like Seinfeld and of course MST3K. I missed many seasons of the Simpsons.

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
                Still funny.

Comment

What the heck is it? The French acronym for "Sexually Transmitted Disease"*?

*It's "Maladie Sexuellement Transmissible", for those interested
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Mystery Science Theater 3000. In each episode, they watch a really horrible movie and spend the whole time throwing comments at the screen. It's hilarious.

Comment

and the movie they watch is either a sci-fi or horror movie- always of the cheesy variety.

Comment

I seen that on the Sci-Fi channel.

I remember thinking its like watching a crap movie with your friends, and as such is designed for people who don't have any friends to make the lame jokes.
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
                          I seen that on the Sci-Fi channel.

I remember thinking its like watching a crap movie with your friends, and as such is designed for people who don't have any friends to make the lame jokes.
                          exactly

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                            Mystery Science Theater 3000. In each episode, they watch a really horrible movie and spend the whole time throwing comments at the screen. It's hilarious.
                            Great concept
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Some episodes are (a lot) better than others. For example, Manos, Hands of Fate

There's a theatre in Austin where a couple of people do an MST3k-type show (they call it "Mister Sinus"). Except not limited to sci-fi (i.e. Crossroads w/ Britney Spears, Karate Kid, etc.). They even do an intermission play. It's great.
                              "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                              -Bokonon

Comment

Working...
                              X