Decided to learn Japanese.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decided to learn Japanese.

ええと So I started learning basic Japanese (URL ). Soon I'll know how to write "I don't write Japanese".
    money sqrt evil;
    My literacy level are appalling.

So what? I've been learning Chinese for about a year, and no end in sight!

Comment

good luck, I "studied" it for 3 years as well as being immersed with it by my grandma. It's super ass hard. Good luck dude.

My best line is:

Watashi no namae wa Frank desu. Hajimema****e. Doozo Yoroshiku.

(Other than saying ai****eru yo...but thats going too far.)
      Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
      Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
      *****Citizen of the Hive****
      "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Echtelion, any progress? Are you able to understand anything? I'm very interested in learning chinese myself, so give me some info.

Comment

I'm not really after it much. I should be drawing symbols every day, but I'm not. After a year we're able to read headlines of newspaper articles and understand what the article is about. We can't get the whole message though, with knowledge of just about 30% of the characters used in the article.

As far as spoken language is concerned, the teacher is still speaking slowly and using only a limited amount of phrases. When we went to a Chinese restaurant, we managed some basic conversation with the restaurant owner's children talking to the man himself was hard. There are similar experiences with other Chinese restaurants (those that actually are Chinese not Vietnamese).

Comment

Keep it up man. When Chinese conquer everything, they'll need a lot of translators. You and me will have a head start on them, hell, maybe I become the head quisling for whole Europe one day or something

Comment

Start dating a Chinese or Japanese girl and I'm sure they'll be happy to teach you anything you want to know. Or be like me and find yourself a girl that's half and half and speaks both
              If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                Keep it up man. When Chinese conquer everything, they'll need a lot of translators.
                So why not get Chinese people to do it?

Comment

I can do

Konnichiwa, watashi no namae wa Winston desu.

Very quickly followed by

Wakarimasen.

Comment

Why learn Japanese? Everyone knows Japan will be nothing more than an outlying province of China within a generation or two.

Gatekeeper
                    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

ni hao

Comment

Hon'in mune atari sore.
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Yeah, wakarimasen is all the japanese I need to know.
                          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

If you only have basic understanding of Chinese after a few years, it's bad, Chinese must be every bit as difficult as it's said to be. I'd probably find learning it interesting for a challenge (the European languages are similar anyway), but I don't seriously plan on learning Chinese because I can't imagine uses for it.
                            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Japanese has uses, though; tons of uses. Obvious one is import games, other obvious ones could get me banned.
                              "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                              "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                              Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Working...
                              X