Yay! Chalabi Finally Gets Payoff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay! Chalabi Finally Gets Payoff.

That poor, poor man! I was wondering how long he'd have to suffer out in the cold before his owner brought him back in for a nice warm bowl of oil...

NOTE: This is a temporary position (see BBC for the rest of the story), he will probably get some more minor !ministerial! position eventually or even get booted out by a quasi-legitimate iraqi govn'mt "one day", but still it is irking...
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Is this the same Chalabli that was arrested?
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Ted this is the Bush Era, whaddya think??
        "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
        "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
        "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Nominee for Minister of the Interior: Saddam Hussein
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

so, after all that, it turns out that an Iraqi political party that won about 50% of the vote, WANTED Chalabi in a ministerial position. This would seem to DISPROVE the line that he was a just someone good at manipulating DC, with no appeal in Iraq. Yet instead this is shown as somehow evidence of - er, - well im not sure what, since none of the above posts is real coherent.
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

There's a reason the WH tried to distance itself from Chalabi... it wanted people to think he ISN'T a US stooge.

The plan worked, it would seem.
              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

It's amazing that this amateurish gambit worked...
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

so, after all that, it turns out that an Iraqi political party that won about 50% of the vote, WANTED Chalabi in a ministerial position. This would seem to DISPROVE the line that he was a just someone good at manipulating DC, with no appeal in Iraq. Yet instead this is shown as somehow evidence of - er, - well im not sure what, since none of the above posts is real coherent.

You realize that power through a network of patronage (which is what his role in the IGC and connections with Defense got him) is quite different from power through a popular base (which is an interesting idea, given that his reinvented politics was based on support from Sadr et al.), don't you? And the Petroleum Ministry gets Chalabi even more patronage power.
                  "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                  -Bokonon

Comment

*Jaw drops
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Further marginalization of the joke government of Iraq.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                      X