Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that I have been gone "forever" . . . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that I have been gone "forever" . . . . . .

I decided to do all of you a disfavor, and return to the Off-Topic forum.

I am almost done now with my first semester ever, in teaching a class at a community college. But alas, my graduation date in obtaining my Masters in American History has been delayed until December. There is a MOUNTAIN of research involved when working on a thesis, let me tell you.

In the meantime, I have been living at an older friend's house, using his guest bedroom, and paying him a modest rent. My income consists of working as an adjunct, and working on Fridays and weekends all day at a local Super Target as a lowly cashier.

So what is new with everyone else?

Does Che still ride around Jacksonville from one job to another on his trusty bicycle? On second thought, I do believe that he and Bunny had moved to another city . . . .?

Is Theben still pining for that beer that DD refuses to serve him at the Apolyton coffee shop?

Is Boris enjoying life in Seattle?

Are Park Avenue and Wiglaf still in the closet?

Is Lonestar seasick somewhere out in the blue yonder or has he become a landlubber again?

How is JohnT and his family doing?

I've never seen Tuberski's wife on here before, but apparently she has become a member in my absence. Are they newlyweds, or have they been married quite some time, only she just recently became a Poly member?

Do Ming and RAH still play golf and then beat each other up with golf clubs?
    Does RAH still enjoy getting his $50 haircuts?

Is the Starchild occult still going strong, with humble Apolytoners still worshipping him for all the greatness that he posseses?

Is Ted Striker still hitting it whenever he gets the chance?

Does Imran still have an unquenchable love for baseball and enjoying life in Atlanta?

Does Tiamat still come in here every now and then to fry one or two annoying Apolytoners with her fiery breath?

The MichaeltheGreat still think he's great?

Is Coldwizard . . . . . well is Coldwizard still his crazy self?

How is Spiffor doing these days in the lovey-dovey world of local French politics?

I guess if I forgot to ask about other Apolytoners for whom I hold a special place in my heart, I apologize and do let me know how you're doing.

So I guess if I'm back, I need to reequip myself with a dazzling new, fabulous avatar, and some witty, insightful sig line statement(s).
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Now there's a surprise. Returning by posting a "me"-thread. (Albeit a somewhat camouflaged one, I'll give you that.)

Welcome back, MrGone.

Comment

Welcome back!
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Ah hell... this place just got a whole lot more gay

Welcome back MrFun, we knew you would be back.
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
          Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
          *****Citizen of the Hive****
          "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Good to see your still studying Am History. What happened to the history degree?
            Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
            Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
            *****Citizen of the Hive****
            "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

You liar, you weren't gone. You were just posting in other forums.
              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Let us celebrate by playing chess.
                Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Welcome back. Now quick, put me on your ignore list.
                  http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Thanks for the PSA Ned
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

TCO DL
                      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan
                        Good to see your still studying Am History. What happened to the history degree?
                        Well, I am finding that thesis work is a lot more than even what I expected. Orginally, I thought back in December of last year, I thought I would be done by May (next month). But that is no longer the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                          Welcome back. Now quick, put me on your ignore list.
                          Why would I do that?

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                            You liar, you weren't gone. You were just posting in other forums.
                            In late December, I said I would be absent from the Off-Topic forum, but would check into the Civ IV forum.

So there.

Comment

Why would I do that?
                              because everyone else has
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X