Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this even news anymore?

from: http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...=1114568594963
    Two Palestinians, aged 14 and 15, who were paid NIS 100 apiece to detonate a bagful of bombs near soldiers at the Jalameh crossing north of Jenin, were arrested on Wednesday.

According to sources in the Shin Bet (Israel Security Agency) there has been a significant increase this month in attempts by terrorists in the Gaza Strip and Samaria to launch attacks. Security officials estimate that violent incidents will become more frequent as the disengagement draws closer.

On Wednesday, 50 alerts were recorded by the security establishment. Moreover, it is the 11th time since the beginning of the month that terrorists have recruited teens to either smuggle weapons through the checkpoints or blow up near soldiers, security officials said.

In Wednesday's incident, Hamam Daraghmeh, and a distant relative, Muhammad Nasser Daraghmeh, each carrying satchels, arrived at the Jalameh crossing and headed straight for the soldiers, instead of approaching the inspection area.

"Because of the general [Pessah] closure [on the West Bank and Gaza], only those with special permits or in need of urgent medical assistance are permitted through," said Major Yariv, a commander of the armored corps deployed at the crossing, told The Jerusalem Post.

"Therefore the presence of the two youths at the crossing without any adults accompanying them was suspicious," he said.

A soldier called them over for inspection.

"The soldier saw wires protruding, and eleven different types of bombs, including pipe bombs ready for use as well as a homemade gun," said Yariv. Soldiers ordered them to strip, fearing they were wearing explosive belts.

The two were then handed over to the Shin Bet (Israel Security Agency) for questioning and sappers defused the bombs.

Yariv said the two had been instructed to approach soldiers at the crossing and ask for a drink of water and then detonate the bombs near them.

The Shin Bet is still looking into which group recruited the pair.

The Jalameh crossing, he continued, is one of the busiest in the West Bank and serves Palestinians from the Jenin and northern Samaria areas.

Also on Wednesday, shots were fired at an Israeli car traveling on the Azun bypass road, east of Kalkilya. Several bullets hit the car but no one was wounded.

Elsewhere, two Kassam rockets were fired at a settlement in southern Gaza.

In one instance, a soldier was lightly wounded by shrapnel when the rocket exploded near an IDF post, not far from where thousands of anti-disengagement protesters had congregated in Gush Katif.

In the past two days, a total of four Kassam rockets were fired at Israeli communities.

Three mortar shells were fired during the day at an IDF post near a south Gaza settlement.
    "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

There is no way around a security fence.

Comment

Neither side really wants peace.
      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
      2004 Presidential Candidate
      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

No, I would not call this "news" any more .... but rather "***-for-tat" or "status quo" if you will.

*** is a cuss word??? You learn something new every day....

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
          No, I would not call this "news" any more .... but rather "***-for-tat" or "status quo" if you will.

*** is a cuss word??? You learn something new every day....
          So is tat.
          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
          2004 Presidential Candidate
          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
          X