Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crowns (dental)

Monarchy is abolished.

Ok seriously, I got my first ever dental cap (crown) yesterday and it is all ok. But when I speak, sometimes the crown hits the opposite tooth. That feels a little weird. But I can bite etc without any problem at all. No pain and perfect fit. But is this normal to have the tooth and crown touch a bit sometimes when you talk? Anyway.
    Any precaution I should take for that crown? Not get voted out of the country? No seriously. Your experiences?

You have started down a long slippery slope at the end of which your whole body will look like a quilt and most of your parts will be either artificial or stolen from some poor slob from India.

My cap has been ok now for pretty close to a couple of years. Doesn't hit when I talk though.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

How much did yours cost? Mine was $1400 including everything. In the Phils it would have cost $50 to $100, but I wasn't there at the time.

Comment

Ok thanks Lancer Important info about the talking part.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
          How much did yours cost? Mine was $1400 including everything. In the Phils it would have cost $50 to $100, but I wasn't there at the time.

*sigh* how much did it cost.... that was something I didn't know when I started this thing. It costed all together 900 euros... that's expensive.

Comment

needless to say I'm very meticulous now about brushing teeth etc!

Comment

paiktis, remember this for the rest of your life!... You could have gotten your cap in the Phils and the savings would have almost paid for the flight. If you ever need alot of dental work done, do it there and get a free trip.

Comment

I have 3 crowns, and just got the 3rd one a couple of weeks ago. Yes, it is normal for it to feel strange at first, even to touch, but this will change. Give it a couple of weeks, and if it still bugs you talk to your dentist.
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                  paiktis, remember this for the rest of your life!... You could have gotten your cap in the Phils and the savings would have almost paid for the flight. If you ever need alot of dental work done, do it there and get a free trip.
                  heh, let's just say i never knew sloth would be so expensive

Japher, ok. anyway it's easter now so for a week at least there can't be a meeting, except for emergency

Comment

oh and the health care funds are a joke. most of them (mine included) don't include dental care. (although what you pay for the dentist is excempted from taxation). but come on. this is the ultimate exploitation. of course when you're of a certain age you'll not need anything. i never needed anything from my health care. never used it for anything. all i ever needed was dental care. but when i phone them what do they tell me? we're sorry no dental care except if you have kids which are under 16 then they have dental care. but sure as hell i keep paying the health fund every month and it's going to hunt me if i don't.

isn't it great. everything is tuned into exploiting you. and by the time you'll need something serious you'll have already overpayed a bazillion times the cost.
                    great system

Comment

Working...
                    X